Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent help please; Contact number for NCS management or upper Admin

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Urgent help please; Contact number for NCS management or upper Admin

Hi,

Does any body have any contact information for National Credit Systems, a GA based CO. I called regular number to CSR but no help.

DW's CR has a CO that was reported in error due to last name match. CO CSR  said they will send Universal Data Form on Saturday 03/21/15. I called EQ and they said they don't have anything. I have received a letter from NCS stating that they have closed the account and will remove reporting from CRA.

I have disputed this with EQ many times but they were getting it verified. I don't have another 30 days for EQ to do another re-investigation. I got a number from EQ that EQ wants CO to call and update this account. I wat to contact someone in management because CSR are no help.

Thank you for any feedback.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Urgent help please; Contact number for NCS management or upper Admin

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Does any body have any contact information for National Credit Systems, a GA based CO. I called regular number to CSR but no help.

DW's CR has a CO that was reported in error due to last name match. CO CSR  said they will send Universal Data Form on Saturday 03/21/15. I called EQ and they said they don't have anything. You mean they haven't received the deletion request? I have received a letter from NCS stating that they have closed the account and will remove reporting from CRA. Good.

I have disputed this with EQ many times but they were getting it verified. Disputes are the HARD way to get these types of items removed - they almost never work. I don't have another 30 days for EQ to do another re-investigation. I got a number from EQ that EQ wants CO to call and update this account. I wat to contact someone in management because CSR are no help. Forget dealing with the collector. There's a better, faster way. I will explain below.

Whenever something comes up on your report that is most definitely NOT YOURS, the best and fastest way to get it removed is to use the ID Theft provision of FCRA, 605B. This section requires the CRA's to exclude potential ID Theft items within 4 days, (or tell you why they think it should not be excluded). You must provide the CRA's with 4 items - 1) Proof of your identity, 2) Police report asserting possible ID theft (you do not have to PROVE ID theft has occurred, only show that unknown items that are not yours have appeared on your reports), 3) a copy of your reports with the item highlighted, and 4) a statement that you never authorized the item in question.

Item number 4 can be in the form of a sworn affidavit for more weight than a simple statement.

Provide the CRA's with these four items and they are required to exclude the item unless they have reason to believe you are in error, or you actually received the goods or services involved, or that you are lying - hence the reason for suggesting the sworn affidavit. Note that this process does not require any approval of the collector - they are simply notified of the excusion. For added strength I would also include the letter from the collection agency.

Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

DW's CR has a CO that was reported in error due to last name match. CO CSR  said they will send Universal Data Form on Saturday 03/21/15. I called EQ and they said they don't have anything. You mean they haven't received the deletion request? I have received a letter from NCS stating that they have closed the account and will remove reporting from CRA. Good.

I have disputed this with EQ many times but they were getting it verified. Disputes are the HARD way to get these types of items removed - they almost never work. I don't have another 30 days for EQ to do another re-investigation. I got a number from EQ that EQ wants CO to call and update this account. I wat to contact someone in management because CSR are no help. Forget dealing with the collector. There's a better, faster way. I will explain below.

Whenever something comes up on your report that is most definitely NOT YOURS, the best and fastest way to get it removed is to use the ID Theft provision of FCRA, 605B. This section requires the CRA's to exclude potential ID Theft items within 4 days, (or tell you why they think it should not be excluded). You must provide the CRA's with 4 items - 1) Proof of your identity, 2) Police report asserting possible ID theft (you do not have to PROVE ID theft has occurred, only show that unknown items that are not yours have appeared on your reports), 3) a copy of your reports with the item highlighted, and 4) a statement that you never authorized the item in question.

Item number 4 can be in the form of a sworn affidavit for more weight than a simple statement.

Provide the CRA's with these four items and they are required to exclude the item unless they have reason to believe you are in error, or you actually received the goods or services involved, or that you are lying - hence the reason for suggesting the sworn affidavit. Note that this process does not require any approval of the collector - they are simply notified of the excusion. For added strength I would also include the letter from the collection agency.

Agreed, OP you can find some info on this here as well   

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Victim-of-Identity-Theft-What-To-Do-to-Protect-Yourself/td-p/2059499

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

DW's CR has a CO that was reported in error due to last name match. CO CSR  said they will send Universal Data Form on Saturday 03/21/15. I called EQ and they said they don't have anything. You mean they haven't received the deletion request?. Exactly, CRA said they don't have any notification of deletion. CRA also stated that the system is a realtime current information and reporting system so it should have been reflected at the same time once it UDF (Universal Data Form) was submitted. CRA agent then gave me a number for CO to call and update this reporting for deletion if UDF submission was not successful. 1800-685-5000- PRESS Option 3. Now that I have contacted NCS, Lady who had the account stated that account has been closed and there is nothing else she could do. She then suggested that I contact another department within NCS responsible for reporting and records. When I called again, NCS receiptionist stated that there is no such dept and all updates and reporting are manually performed by account manager.  I have received a letter from NCS stating that they have closed the account and will remove reporting from CRA. Good.

I have disputed this with EQ many times but they were getting it verified. Disputes are the HARD way to get these types of items removed - they almost never work. I don't have another 30 days for EQ to do another re-investigation. I got a number from EQ that EQ wants CO to call and update this account. I wat to contact someone in management because CSR are no help. Forget dealing with the collector. There's a better, faster way. I will explain below. Police stated that it is too old to write a report, so we are left with no option. But I will give another shot at police station.

Thank you so much NormanFH and gdale6! I will report back what happenes next.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

DW's CR has a CO that was reported in error due to last name match. CO CSR  said they will send Universal Data Form on Saturday 03/21/15. I called EQ and they said they don't have anything. You mean they haven't received the deletion request?. Exactly, CRA said they don't have any notification of deletion. CRA also stated that the system is a realtime current information and reporting system so it should have been reflected at the same time once it UDF (Universal Data Form) was submitted. CRA agent then gave me a number for CO to call and update this reporting for deletion if UDF submission was not successful. 1800-685-5000- PRESS Option 3. Now that I have contacted NCS, Lady who had the account stated that account has been closed and there is nothing else she could do. She then suggested that I contact another department within NCS responsible for reporting and records. When I called again, NCS receiptionist stated that there is no such dept and all updates and reporting are manually performed by account manager.  I have received a letter from NCS stating that they have closed the account and will remove reporting from CRA. Good.

I have disputed this with EQ many times but they were getting it verified. Disputes are the HARD way to get these types of items removed - they almost never work. I don't have another 30 days for EQ to do another re-investigation. I got a number from EQ that EQ wants CO to call and update this account. I wat to contact someone in management because CSR are no help. Forget dealing with the collector. There's a better, faster way. I will explain below. Police stated that it is too old to write a report, so we are left with no option. But I will give another shot at police station.

Thank you so much NormanFH and gdale6! I will report back what happenes next.

Print up the text of FCRA 605B to to show the PD the requirements to get this removed - age of the item is not a factor. Explain that you do not need anything investigated, you merely need a report for administative purposes to get this stricken from your reports. Age of the incident really is not an issue since ID theft is often discovered years after it has occurred.

I've also read some people will do an online FBI ID Theft report. FCRA makes no distinction as to who the report has to come from - it merely says "a copy of an identity theft report"

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you,NormanFH! I will go to police station tomorrow. Hopefully it will work. I will update you once I come back.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.