cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Util at 70% = Ex: 585 and FICO:616 -- how often should I check for updates and through what sources?

tag
Sk323i
Regular Contributor

Util at 70% = Ex: 585 and FICO:616 -- how often should I check for updates and through what sources?

My Experian score on 10/10 was 585 -- directly from Experian for $7.

I paid 2 cards down to 0 and got my util down to 70%. 

My FICO score today was 616.

I'm not sure how to get an updated Experian score -- or if I should even be checking it - if it will be a negative inquiry?

What is a more representative of my actualy score? The MyFICO or the Experian?

Next month I plan on getting my util down below 45% and hope that will increase my score with Experian -- but im cautious about how often I check for my scores and through whom.

Any advice? Thank you in advance!

525 score as of 9/2015 --- only way to go is up!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Util at 70% = Ex: 585 and FICO:616 -- how often should I check for updates and through what sour

Experian Credit Tracker is a Fico 8 score. I signed up for the monthly service and can pull my EX report every day plus updated score for $19.95 per month. The first month is $9.95. It is only a soft pull. So it does not count towards your inquiries. They also have an app that is really awesome!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Util at 70% = Ex: 585 and FICO:616 -- how often should I check for updates and through what sour

MyFico is the actual score, Fico 08, Experian is a different version but can't remember which one. Any report you pull won't be a negative, and I assume it's the same for scores. I don't know much about MyFico with regards to how often they update scores. I use CCT for that. It updates Experian daily (sometimes there is no change though) and you can pull the other 2 CRAs once every 30 days. They have a 7 day trial and if you cancel prior to the end of the trial through the automated system you can get it half price for anywhere from 1 year to 5 years.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cct has a promotion where you can use their 7 day free trial for $1 and get all three of your CRA Fico8 scores. If you cancel they will offer you 50% off so you can get all three scores once a month for about $15, and your Experian report and score every day. Also FYI , it is never a hit on your score to check your reports yourself.
Message 4 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

CCT and ECT are both owned by Experian. Both provide Fico 8 scores. Same as Myfico. I personally prefer Experian Credit Tracker because I'm an app girl. CCT doesn't have one. I can pull my TU and EQ weekly thru CK. So ECT only providing EX wasn't a deal breaker for me. But everyone is different.
Message 5 of 9
Sk323i
Regular Contributor

what is CK?

how far down should I get my Util down before applying for a Barclays or Quicksilver?

525 score as of 9/2015 --- only way to go is up!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sk323i wrote:

what is CK?

how far down should I get my Util down before applying for a Barclays or Quicksilver?

CK is Credit Karma an online credit monitoring site that gives you weekly copies of your Equifax and Transunion credit reports and Vantage 3 scores.  Utility under 30% and scores over 650 should work.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sk323i wrote:

My Experian score on 10/10 was 585 -- directly from Experian for $7.

I paid 2 cards down to 0 and got my util down to 70%. 

My FICO score today was 616.

I'm not sure how to get an updated Experian score -- or if I should even be checking it - if it will be a negative inquiry?

What is a more representative of my actualy score? The MyFICO or the Experian?

Next month I plan on getting my util down below 45% and hope that will increase my score with Experian -- but im cautious about how often I check for my scores and through whom.

Any advice? Thank you in advance!

It depends on which Experian product you are using. Some of them are Vantage scores and some are FICO scores. I personally would recommend going to Credit Check Total (its Experian), where you can do a 7 day trial for a buck and get all three of your current FICO 8 scores. CCT will let you pull a new Ex report and FICO score daily, and the other two scores/reports monthly. If you call to cancel the service before the 7 day trial ends they will offer it to you for $14.95 per month - a 50% discount.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit check total for shizzle
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.