Util

tag
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Util

I have just recently settled with two accounts that i have been fighting, 

One for 2210 dollar

One for 228 dollars

These both were being counted as open accounts and going towards my util (i only had 1550 max credit) will my score increase when these are updated to 0? 

If so can anyone guess how much? I know util is a big % .... 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Util

You can figure out your utilization by subtracting the amounts you paid from your balances and dividing by the overall CL. This will just be an estimate.

I would think it would go up quiet a bit.

Message 2 of 7
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

nice we hold around a 200$ balance for the CC (will pay lower, used it for some holiday purchases) but these had me at something like 240% util. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Well, then it should be around 12% onces updated.  I expect you should see a nice bump.

Message 4 of 7
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

ugggggg im eager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.<

Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@BadCredBen wrote:

ugggggg im eager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.<

LOL.  It'll happen.  And good job on getting those paid.,

Message 6 of 7
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

i just took it out of my "Buy a home" fund lol... which since ive paid off my 450$/mo pickup and insurance is off of it (sold it to my fiances brother) thats another 600$ a month going into the fund wooooooooooo

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.