Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utility Bill Collection PAID/CLOSED?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Utility Bill Collection PAID/CLOSED?

Fellow Members,

Ok so while helping my mother and waiting to see if Medicare is going to go back those few months and pay her medical collections. I can only see 1 other account hurting her credit.

It is a Light bill that shows she was the co signer on for her aunts son's business.. Im not sure who paid it as he was lost in a car accident or if this could have been before we lost him.

In addition im not even sure if it matters who paid it as a co signer takes on a equal amount of responsibility of the main account holder..

With that said it just shows.

Account name
ONLINE COLLECTIONS Account number
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Recent balance
Not reported Date opened
08/2012
PO BOX 1489
WINTERVILLE, NC 28590
No phone number available
Address identification number
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Type
Collection
Terms
1 Months Credit limit or
original amount
$336
High balance
$0
Monthly payment
$0
Recent payment
amount
Not reported Date of status
08/2014
First reported
09/2012
Responsibility
Co-signer
Original creditor
SAM HOUSTON ELECTRIC COOP
Status
Paid, Closed.

So because she did not know about PFD and i guess she is the one who paid this account off. What would be the best way on going about getting this removed for her?

I've never dealt with co signer stuff or if that would make any difference.

Thanks In Advance.

~ Shawn

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Utility Bill Collection PAID/CLOSED?

I would send a good will letter to the reporting collection agency, asking for the removal of it from her credit report since she paid the bill in full, once she knew of about it. I'm sorry for your family's loss, but I would include the passing of her aunt's son and explain the bill was lost in the dealings of his passing, assuming the bill happened afterwards. Make the letter as personal as possible - there are quite a few examples of good will letters here, just do a search.

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.