Did you mean: 

Utility Bill Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Utility Bill Collections

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. 

I have an utility bill collection that popped up on my recent report. I never received a final bill. I reached out to the OC and they said they would accept my payment. I asked if they would mail me something in writing stating that they would remove the tradeline. The rep said no and that they would notify the CBA that it's been paid.

Should I PFD the CA to ensure that I have something in writing to ensure it gets deleted?

Im in the process of closing and this is dragging my score 30 points. 

Any help is is greatly appreciated ☺️

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Utility Bill Collections

A pay for delete (PFD) is a type of good will request sent to the creditor or debt collection, requesting their voluntary deletion.

As such, it is simply an offer that does not establish any requirement to delete unless they formally accept.

Proof of receipt is only for your own peace of mind, and does not establish any requirment.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick response.

I understand what a Pay for Delete is. I'm not sure if I should send it to a collection agency, since they are reporting it or the original creditor.

I don't want to pay the original creditor and it's not removed. I need it removed, not updated to paid and closed.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A collection is reported by the debt collector, and represents their authority to attempt collection on a debt, which may or may not be owned by them.

Only the debt collector can agree to delete their own reporting.

Stated differently, the original creditor cannot formally agree to deletion of any reporting that they did not make.

A PFD requesting deletion of a collection goes to the reporting debt collector.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.