Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utility bill in collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Utility bill in collection

Contacted original creditor to offer a PFD. CSR stated I can make the payment with them but they can not delete it of my credit report. She stated it would just show as paid...I really want to get it removed but the CA won't agreed to a PFD what should I do?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
EvilDebt
Established Member

Re: Utility bill in collection

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do, but by paying it off it stops reporting as derrogatory on your credit report.  

Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@EvilDebt wrote:

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do, but by paying it off it stops reporting as derrogatory on your credit report.  

Paying it doesnt change it from a derog to a positive account what it does is stop the monthly updating so it can age in Ficos eyes and this will result in score increases over time.

OP you can pay it then begin a GW letter campaign asking for removal of the TL as soon as it updates to paid.   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

:-(
Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You state that you contacted the original creditor.

If the debt collector has reported a collection, only they can agree to a deletion of their reporting.

Have you offered the PFD to the debt collector?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did to both of them and the debt collector stated they can not make any promises.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.