Contributor

Utilization Maximization

Statement Cut dates are as follows:

2nd

5th

12th

19th

25th

If I allow my march 19th TL to report 1-9%, and all others in March reported $0/PIF prior to statement cut, what happens if I report a small balance on April 2nd (and no others for April)?

I'm worried that allowing 2 TLs to report within 2 weeks (March 19th & April 2nd) will not maximize my score. I want to make sure it's calndar month, not any 30-day period...

Current Scores: TU 760, EX 718, EQ 726
Goal: 750 across the board!
My Wallet: CSP 23.8k, AMEX SPG 15k, AMEX BCP 12.9k, Barclay AAviator Red 10k, USBank Club Carlson 10k, BankAmericard Cash Rewards 10k, Citi Plat AA WEMC 7.9k, Chase Freedom 5k, Barclay AAviator Red v2 5k, Chase Hyatt 5k, Amex PRG
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: Utilization Maximization

It's constantly updating (fico score). You will see a small dip in your score while they are both reporting (approximately from the 5th to the 22nd) .

On the other side if you pay off the next month on the card that cuts on the 2nd you will have a week or 2 with all accounts showing 0 balance which will also ding you..

I would not be overly concerned unless you are applying for something this month. Don't take it too seriously it will drive you crazy!

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 2 of 4
dabearsv2
Contributor

That's annoying.

I am gardening at the moment and don't plan to app for 3-6 months, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

I suppose if I just let the same CC report every month, I won't have any issue.

Current Scores: TU 760, EX 718, EQ 726
Goal: 750 across the board!
My Wallet: CSP 23.8k, AMEX SPG 15k, AMEX BCP 12.9k, Barclay AAviator Red 10k, USBank Club Carlson 10k, BankAmericard Cash Rewards 10k, Citi Plat AA WEMC 7.9k, Chase Freedom 5k, Barclay AAviator Red v2 5k, Chase Hyatt 5k, Amex PRG
Message 3 of 4
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Correct, and switch cards when gardening and you won't have a problem. You won't get any AA from 2 low balances showing.
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.