tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Utilization Question, help needed.

Hello every one, 

i have are two credit cards, both from Capone;

QuickSilver 3000 Limit, balance 0

Platnum 500 Limit, balance 0

I need to make a purchase in amount of $2750. I can pay cash! But I want to utilize my QS. It will give me 1.5% cash back, but at the same time I don't want to show that I am maximizing my limit on the card and hurt my chances of approvals for other cards.

Should I fharge QS for $2750 and pay it off same day, or should I just pay cash.

thanks guys

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Utilization Question, help needed.

Use the card to pay for it. Then log onto the Cap1 site and pay it the next day. No interest, you get the points, and your reported balance will still be $0 because they only report the balance on the day the statement is cut.

This is precisely the way the CC companies want you to use their cards. They get the vendor fees, but with the balance paid off immediately there is no risk to them since there is no balance to carry over. They would much rather make their profits from vendor fees than interest on a carried balance - no risk that way.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Utilization Question, help needed.

Wow great info. I never knew this.

thanks for help.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.