Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilization Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Utilization Question

Aloha All!

Currently in the garden for at least the next 7 months or so while I let my 2 new cap1 cards age! They still have yet to report! Boo! And in the last quarter of the year my 2 unpaid charge offs will drop off.

So while I garden I am also getting my utilization under control since until I started reading post on here I had now clue that utilization was even a factor in your credit Score!

So currently paying my 3 "big" cards down and here's what things look like...

Barclay 4k limit currently about 3.7k owed

CreditOne (I know! Lol) 1.3k limit about $800 owed

First Premier (I know..again!) $700 limit about $500 owed.

Have my 2 cap ones that I just got with small limits that I use heavily and pay off a few times a month.

Question being at what point when I get my utilization under control would I see a score boost?

Thanks for the help in advance!
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Utilization Question

I say 30 & up from there.

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi sandibeach22! Thanks for replying! Thats what I was thinking that I'd need to get things under 30%. Shouldn't be too hard to do I just like to see results and I'm not the most patient man in the universe.

Just need to pay down and garden.
Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see score changes when I fall below 80%, 50%, 30%, and 10%.

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a higher utilization & went down from there.  It bounces back pretty quick!  At 22% and heading down to below 9%.  

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohhh Rising_Scores! I like that answer! Always good to see positive "tangible" changes when you are doing positive work.
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess I went to town when my Barclay Card was still a Bank of America Card (Hawaiian Airlines). That card is my savior for my AAoA though.
Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Aloha All!

Currently in the garden for at least the next 7 months or so while I let my 2 new cap1 cards age! They still have yet to report! Boo! And in the last quarter of the year my 2 unpaid charge offs will drop off.

So while I garden I am also getting my utilization under control since until I started reading post on here I had now clue that utilization was even a factor in your credit Score!

So currently paying my 3 "big" cards down and here's what things look like...

Barclay 4k limit currently about 3.7k owed

CreditOne (I know! Lol) 1.3k limit about $800 owed

First Premier (I know..again!) $700 limit about $500 owed.

Have my 2 cap ones that I just got with small limits that I use heavily and pay off a few times a month.

Question being at what point when I get my utilization under control would I see a score boost?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Congrats on gardening. I just entered as well. There is really no specific utilization percentage to determine when your scores start to increase. The common belief is somewhere between 1% and 9% is the optimal level. As you approach this level of utilization, I suspect your score will improve gradually. 

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened 10 at once in Nov.  So my scores took a dive.  But they're over 75% back up.  

Message 9 of 26
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

If your baddies are set to drop off in the last quarter, I would ask TU for an early exclusion in June and ask EQ and EX in August.  Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.