Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilization and charge offs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Utilization and charge offs

Hi all, I have 2 accounts that are being reported as charge offs with the same coma Y from 212-2013, when I lost my job. I've tried the disputing as well as the pay for delete and settlement which all has been the same answer. So I'm going to pull the trigger today and pay the smaller one. Does the 2 accounts still fall into my utilization? They were secured loans with a finance company. I know the damage is already done would this help raise my scores any? I'm trying to get my credit right to get a mortgage next year. I know that this is my bill and now it's time for me to put my big girls panties on and pay these 2 charge offs. I have 2 more collections payments to make on another and then all my charge offs and collections will be taken care of. My report will still be ugly but I have the receipts on where the paid or settled these accounts , do y'all think that will help me out at all, if goes into manual underwriting? Thanks yall
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Utilization and charge offs

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi all, I have 2 accounts that are being reported as charge offs with the same coma Y from 212-2013, when I lost my job. I've tried the disputing as well as the pay for delete and settlement which all has been the same answer. So I'm going to pull the trigger today and pay the smaller one. Does the 2 accounts still fall into my utilization? They were secured loans with a finance company. I know the damage is already done would this help raise my scores any? I'm trying to get my credit right to get a mortgage next year. I know that this is my bill and now it's time for me to put my big girls panties on and pay these 2 charge offs. I have 2 more collections payments to make on another and then all my charge offs and collections will be taken care of. My report will still be ugly but I have the receipts on where the paid or settled these accounts , do y'all think that will help me out at all, if goes into manual underwriting? Thanks yall

Secured installments are not figured into revolving util. Over time your Fico would increase but if they are not already reporting monthly there will be a Fico hit when they report them paid off. Human eyes always like to see things settled and nothing owed.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.