Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilization knocked me down 30 pts - Boo Best Buy Citi MasterCard

tag
mamatried
Contributor

Utilization knocked me down 30 pts - Boo Best Buy Citi MasterCard

GAH! I had done in store signup for the Best Buy Citi MasterCard and maxed it out on a computer purchase. I kept trying to get access to pay the bill, but  they said I had to wait until I received my card with the card # in the mail... I recevied the card.... 2 days after the first statement cut and $500/$500 reported. Bumped my util up and knocked me down 29 pts. My own dumb fault and i know I need to put that card on ice, but I'm so annoyed. 

12/23/14: 536 | 4/4/18 714
MAJORS: Chase Slate, Amex Blue, Citi American Airlines, Gap Visa, Cap1 QS, Southwest, AQHA BOA, Discover, Chase Freedom, Citi Best Buy, Cap1 Platinum, BuyPower GM, US Bank H-D STORE Macy's, VS, Home Depot, Old Navy, Kohl's, J Crew, Venus, Care Credit, PayPal Credit LOANS Ally Auto, Prosper, American Financial Resources Home Mortgage (USDA Rural Development)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mamatried
Contributor

Re: Utilization knocked me down 30 pts - Boo Best Buy Citi MasterCard

Well my util now is at 2.9%, only a pending balance of $114 on one card. (Can't pay it when it hasn't gone all the way through.) We'll see how much I recover in the next few weeks as all those accounts start to update. GULP. 

12/23/14: 536 | 4/4/18 714
MAJORS: Chase Slate, Amex Blue, Citi American Airlines, Gap Visa, Cap1 QS, Southwest, AQHA BOA, Discover, Chase Freedom, Citi Best Buy, Cap1 Platinum, BuyPower GM, US Bank H-D STORE Macy's, VS, Home Depot, Old Navy, Kohl's, J Crew, Venus, Care Credit, PayPal Credit LOANS Ally Auto, Prosper, American Financial Resources Home Mortgage (USDA Rural Development)
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Utilization knocked me down 30 pts - Boo Best Buy Citi MasterCard

@mamatried wrote:

GAH! I had done in store signup for the Best Buy Citi MasterCard and maxed it out on a computer purchase. I kept trying to get access to pay the bill, but  they said I had to wait until I received my card with the card # in the mail... I recevied the card.... 2 days after the first statement cut and $500/$500 reported. Bumped my util up and knocked me down 29 pts. My own dumb fault and i know I need to put that card on ice, but I'm so annoyed. 

I had the same thing happen with my Barclays card - no big deal, just pay it down by the next reporting and you'll be fine.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.