Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilization question and clarification

tag
RBFool
Contributor

Utilization question and clarification

I know that you ideally over 3 cards you want 2 to report 0% and 1 to report 9%. Here is my quesiton:

The utilization 9% does that matter that I hit it every month? I'm confused because it has no memory... So does that mean if I leave it at 30% for 10 month then at the 11 and 12th month make it 9% to app spree. Is that ok? Or will my score go up more per month if left at 9% monthly for a year?

BK 7 Dismissed: 5/2014 AAoA: 6 years Credit Scores (07-02-2015): My Privacy Matters: TU: 633 EX:658 EQ: 651
How to add pics to Signature

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Utilization question and clarification

i thought you were supposed to use all your cards at 1-9%? i don't know im still learning.

Message 2 of 5
RBFool
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i thought you were supposed to use all your cards at 1-9%? i don't know im still learning.

Optimal FICO scoring is 3 (or so) cards. 2 at 0% and 1 at 1-9%. Something about shows that you can handle the debt and don't need all of your CLs in use.

BK 7 Dismissed: 5/2014 AAoA: 6 years Credit Scores (07-02-2015): My Privacy Matters: TU: 633 EX:658 EQ: 651
How to add pics to Signature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RBFool wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Optimal FICO scoring is 3 (or so) cards. 2 at 0% and 1 at 1-9%. Something about shows that you can handle the debt and don't need all of your CLs in use.

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You really only need to do this when you are going to app for more credit. To find the Fico sweet spot for you, you will need to let 1 card report the 1-9% of its CL and change the percentage monthly until you find the best percentage for you and your profile.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.