Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilization rate

tag
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

Utilization rate

Okay so I’m curious as to how utilization rate displays on my credit reports.

So I’m the past I’ve had cards with high utilization rate(93%) I have paid my cards down but I notice on my report this cards still show the high utilization rate.

My question is how long after paying down will my report start to show the lower utilization rate.

I did notice my scores go up due to the decrease in the UTL because I got an alert from my 3B report but when I look at the individual accounts it still has the 93%
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Utilization rate

It is my understanding that the UTI goes down once you pay them down prior to your individual cycle ends for whichever account you paid down. I always make sure I pay my accounts down prior to the cycle date so I get credit for my larger payments so when the credit reports update they will reflect the decrease.
Message 2 of 6
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

Oh I see. I was wondering because I paid down my balance but I didn’t see that UTL change
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's good that you paid them down but in order to see it you would have top wait until the next cycle through for it to take affect. That is, if you keep it the way it is now and not use those accounts until it shows up as a decrease.
Message 4 of 6
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

I’m putting all my cards away for a while. I want the low balance to report a few cycles before I use them again
Message 5 of 6
capricornchanges
Regular Contributor

Check out your statement, at the top is should say something like : for period January 10 to Feb 13, that means Feb 13 is your cycle cut off date, any payments made prior to Feb 13 ( or 13 of any month) will post for the next update. I always minus a day to make sure I get my payment inbefore the cutoff and I whip out the calculator so I km=ow how much to pay off to be under the 30% for the next cycle.HOpe that helps

1st goal: 700 across the board
Starting Scores 01/19/2018
Equifax : 579
Transunion: 585
Experian: 602

Current 07/06/2018
Equifax:662
Transunion: 645
Experian: 683

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.