Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA reporting "KD"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VA reporting "KD"

I have finally found the major reason for my score being what it is, that didn't make sense... The damn VA is reporting one time "KA" from THEIR overpayment that I took my tim researching before I paid them back the 119.00.... has anyone dealt with the VA to get something removed? Keep in mind, I am currently deployed, so my options are limited,(meaning I can't be on hold with them for two hours if I call or something.) but I want to get the ball rolling ASAP! Thanks for any help that can be given.....

I tryed the online experian option, but (I am guessing) because I am overseas, it is throwing a flag up and not letting me do that.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VA reporting "KD"

"KD" or Key Derogatory, is not something that is 'reported' by the furnisher (in this case the VA), rather it is something that monitoring services/sites use to simply denote what derogatories they believe are doing the most damage to your scores. Such an assessment may or may not be correct. Either way, its got nothing to do with reporting.

Your option in this case, since its been paid is to request a GW deletion of the item by the VA. I'm assuming its reporting as either a CO or a Collection?

I totally agree that its complete BS that you should have your credit damaged by THEIR sloppy paperwork and incompetance. From what I've read of other peoples issues with VA they are not very amenable to any sort of GW.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an "Overpayment" from the VA that was put in collection from when I was in college. I fought it as it was never payed out and the school even confirmed it, long story short, you will rarely win against the government. I have tried goodwilling that for the last few months and only have gotten 1 response. They basically told me to not contact them regarding this matter again, and no futher action would be taken. 

Nevertheless, I still send them GW letters, but I never hear back. Very tough to deal with the VA. Good luck

Message 3 of 7
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Send an email to your congressman.  Sometimes THEY can get cooperation - especially for a deployed service member.

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^^ +1

I would include both of my states Senators as well.

Message 5 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Momof5 wrote:

Send an email to your congressman.  Sometimes THEY can get cooperation - especially for a deployed service member.

I know from personal experience this can be very effective.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a very good Idea! I would have never thought of it... Best part being, I can do it now, and like you said, being deployed, they might be a little inclided to hook a guy up... Thank you very much!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.