Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERIZON CHARGEOFF DELETED- GW!!!

tag
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

VERIZON CHARGEOFF DELETED- GW!!!

Hi fellow credit geeks Smiley Happy

Just wanted to share my success story and say thank you for all of the tremendous advice I have received. Not sure how much these GW deletions will boost my score but holy mackeral these feel like a big accomplishment to me in less than a week on this site! I never knew this kind of thing was possible!

Here were my 2 issues:

1. Verizon Wireless Chargeoff (DELETED via GW over the phone on 12/24!)

I paid what I thought was the final bill at my old address. Verizon charged something after that (I still don't know what) and because they misspelled my last name, the post office didn't forward the mail to my new address. So I thought the account was settled and closed, until 3 years later I apply for an auto loan and see- CHARGEOFF. I have never even had a 30-day late!! So I paid the $191 that day to Verizon. And of course they said there was nothing they could do to help my credit report. I got this same answer the next few times I called no matter how much I tried to escalate to a manager. Until I read about the GW process here and lo and behold- the next time I called I just very nicely requested that the tradeline be deleted and the very nice rep agreed instantly! He said he already sent an update to the 3 bureaus and he is emailing as well as snail mailing me copies of the Delete Letter. I THOUGHT THIS WOULD TAKE 6 YEARS TO FALL OFF- THANK YOU MYFICO!!!!

2. Macy's Late Payment on current account, and an older account 'closed by grantor due to inactivity' (both DELETED via GW over the phone on 12/22!)

I had a similar problem with Macy's where I paid my account off in full, and then the following month received a bill for $2, the minimum interest charge in any period when you made a purchase- even though I had paid the account in full. Not sure why they do this but I ignored the mail from them thinking it was junk since I knew I had paid my balance in full. BIG MISTAKE. The $2 was then marked as 30-late and smacked with a fee. And I was told that this would stay on my report for 7 years, until I read about the GW process here. Guess what? Macy's agreed to remove the late no questions asked over the phone! Again I am being sent a letter and the bureaus have been updated.  Also I had an old tradeline that was "closed at credit grantor's request" because I forgot to use it. I asked if they could just delete that too because it looks bad has no real bearing on the average life of my accounts. DONE. 

After 4 days on this site my only 2 delinquencies are GONE, including the chargeoff which was really bad. I thought I would have to wait 6 years for this! What a weight off of my shoulders!! Thank you guys!

LESSONS LEARNED?

#1- sign up for the auto-withdraw so these mail slip-ups won't happen ever again (DONE.)

#2- 'No ma'am, we can't adjust your credit report once the information has been reported" just means "call back again and ask someone else until you hear -YES." Smiley Happy

WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Thanks myFICO!!!!!

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

Re: VERIZON CHARGEOFF DELETED- GW!!!

Congrats!!!

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 2 of 20
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 20
ONEPICKYONE
New Contributor

Can you please PM me the contact information you used to GW Verizon? Much appreciated

Message 4 of 20
prwhite1982

Could you send me the contact info for Verizon?

Message 5 of 20
tpmlls
New Contributor

Me too please, I have a CO that I would love to get off my report. What exactly did you say to them??

Message 6 of 20
Sha80
New Contributor

Awesome job Verizon is a stickler for accurate reporting. I called Thursday & was denied the account deletion. However the reacrid tell me I qualified to reopen the account I ported 4 years ago. I laughed so hard I made her start laughing. I asked if it benefited the company to keep me with credit that only worthy of their approval. I never received a response from the letter I wrote a month ago. Should I have expected one?

Starting Score: EQ: 605 (10/21/2012) Trans/Walmart: 641(10/26/2012)
Current Score: EQ: 678 (4/9/13) Trans/Walmart: 693 (5/13/13) EX: 648 (4/10/13) Lender pull

Message 7 of 20
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 8 of 20
tpmlls
New Contributor

Congrats!

Message 9 of 20
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Awesome Congrats on the deletes Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.