Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERIZON WIRELESS or CA??????

tag
jmack711
Regular Contributor

VERIZON WIRELESS or CA??????

Ok I have a charged off account on my report for Verizon Wireless/Great L. I contacted Verizon on numerous occasions only to get NO WHERE!!! I've emailed several individuals and spoke to several individuals over the phone as well. So the story is that they are telling me Verizon sold the account to United Collections Bureau BUT the account on my report is listed under Verizon... I asked would paying them remove the item from my report and Verizon insisted they had NO control over that, which I dont believe. My question is though should I contact the CA and ask them for a PFD but how can they delete something that isnt even listed under their name and also willing contacting them backfire and trigger them to add the same account?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VERIZON WIRELESS or CA??????

Is the Verizon account listed with a $0 balance? If so, and the account is "sold" (as oposed to being assigned), then Verizon can't help you with regard to payment. They can continue to report until the CRTP has expired. You'd have to try goodwilling them.

Message 2 of 6
jmack711
Regular Contributor

No, Verizon is showing the amount due. What I'm trying to determine is WHO to pay so that I can get it removed. I've been in contact with only Verizon so far and I've been told both they sold the account and that they still have the account but I will have to contact the CA to make payment. I don't wanna contact the CA and for some reason they submit on my credit report too!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmm.... Search this forum for the example "OC Letter". You can't DV an original creditor, but there is a very good letter floating around that will help you word your request for the full account information. Start with that, and send it to Verizon's corporate HQ, certified mail. The answer should reveal whether or not the account is sold or assigned to collections. If the debt is sold, then Verizon shouldn't be reporting with a balance. If it's assigned, then the contact that you establish thought obtaining the account information may give you an assist in forcing the money into Verizon's hands, directly.
Message 4 of 6
jmack711
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much!! I am definitely going to do that today and I will keep you posted!
Message 5 of 6
Lakers
Regular Contributor

I have the exact same issue going on with VZW.  I have a $33 balance only reporting as Verizon and showing as a charge off with no collection activity on any of my CRs.  I sent them a PFD about a week ago, I might try searching that OC letter. 

What happened with your situation? 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.