Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vacate paid tax liens

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vacate paid tax liens

I learned on this forum that I can have paid tax liens vacated and removed.  I have two - one is IRS and the other is Michigan Treasury.  Both are very old - like five years since paid. 

I called Registry of Deeds (they issued the item to my credit report) last week to see about getting one of them deleted.  I was transferred three times before I learned they had no idea what I was talking about. 

Can anyone help with info on where to file the motion to vacate - District Court in my county? Can I file the motion myself?  Recommend calling the Judge's clerk?  Any advice to help me get rolling would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
palmbeachwife
Regular Contributor

Re: Vacate paid tax liens

I have the same problem with a state tax lien in Georgia. I called the courthouse and was told they don't vacate tax liens unless I could prove there was a mistake. I called the Dept of Revenue and they said they just report and it's up to the CRA to delete. CRA's told me they can't delete without permission from the Court or if the Court doesn't verify. I was only successful getting the tax lien deleted from EX. Good luck to you.
1/19/09 EQ 595 TU 508 EX 579 FICO
7/1/09 EQ 659 TU myFICO 654 TU 671 EX 644
10/14/10 EQ 696 EX 710 TU 728 (Wachovia pulled scores)
11/1/10 EQ 705 EX 710 TU 728 (700 Club all around, yayyy!)
07/24/11 TU 735
5/21/12 EQ 704 EX 737 TU 722
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an email reply from a district court judge's clerk today that he doesn't know where I'd start to vacate paid tax liens. 

I thought I read something on this forum that someone had vacated one at a court.  

If anyone has info, please pass it on. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most times you can file the motion to vacate yourself.

Check your state statutes.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.