Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vacate vs dismissal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vacate vs dismissal

Today I went and seen my lawyer about having this judgment vacated. He's actually going to file to have it dismissed. Is that the same and will be removed from my CR after it dismissed? The debt is paid in full and settled.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Vacate vs dismissal

If it is vacated, then you can have it removed from your report

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So then I need to call him and let him know filing a dismissal does nothing for me?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted unclearly the first time. Dismissal and vacate are synonymous.

Message 4 of 6
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

Is the same thing as said.
Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Today I went and seen my lawyer about having this judgment vacated. He's actually going to file to have it dismissed. Is that the same and will be removed from myCR after it dismissed? The debt is paid in full and settled.

I think it has the same meaning in every day language.  The important part would be that the attorney would see that it had some language that would have it removed as a PR so the end result would be that you get it removed from your CRs.

It sounds like he knows that, but the next time you talk with him, I would recommend making sure he understood that your goal is a clean CR.

hth

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.