Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation Response from ERC(Sprint)

tag
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

Validation Response from ERC(Sprint)

Hello, all. I sent a DV to ERC about a week ago. This morning I just got a response

Re: Dispute and validation request

Our offices are in receipt of your letter of dispute and request for verification pursuant to 15 U.S.C 1692g of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. This letter is a response to your dispute.  Please be advised we have contacted our client, who has confirmed the name and address listed on the account as well as the amount owed. Enclosed is a summary of the charges on the account and any billing statements provided by our client that confirm the charges.

Please be advised we have reported this debt to consumer reporting agencies, but in acknowledgement of your dispute, we have requested the account be removed from all credit reporting agencies. Consumer reporting agencies may take up to 30 days or longer to update reports and this is beyond our control.

I'm somewhat confused. They enclosed the bill, and it appears to be validated pretty good. But it reads as if they're removing it from the CRA's. Can someone confirm?

Thanks!

Experian: 693 | Transunion: 700 | Equifax: 690 | Utilization 4 %

EX: 5 | TU: 8 | EQ: 7
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

Re: Validation Response from ERC(Sprint)

What they take off, they will put back on.

If you make a DV request, they should delete it while they are verifying it. In this case, it looks like you got the combination of 2 different form letters to make the confusing appearance that they are gone.

Just assume that is not a permanent deletion, unless you get this taken care of.

Dan
Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the number for ERC that was on my credit report back in August - I was just going to PFD because it was only $27.   They told me they didn't have a collections dept anymore and that it should be removed from my report and to dispute it - I did - with all 3 - and it was gone within 10 days.     Honestly - I was just going to pay the stupid $27 - but its gone now.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I called the number for ERC that was on my credit report back in August - I was just going to PFD because it was only $27.   They told me they didn't have a collections dept anymore and that it should be removed from my report and to dispute it - I did - with all 3 - and it was gone within 10 days.     Honestly - I was just going to pay the stupid $27 - but its gone now.

How can a collection agency "not have a collections department"? That makes no sense.....

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

ERC = Enhanced Recovery Co?

i just settled a debt 2 weeks ago with them they said nothing to me about no collections dept, care to elaborate more ? 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How can a collection agency "not have a collections department"? That makes no sense.....

That's what I thought!!!!   What do I know??.......she said Dispute It - so I did and it was gone in days......  I mean heck - it was $27 - I was just going to PFD - it had to be for last month service when we moved from Florida......one crazy lost bill......

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

ERC = Enhanced Recovery Co?

i just settled a debt 2 weeks ago with them they said nothing to me about no collections dept, care to elaborate more ? 

I just called the number for them that was listed on my credit report.   Lady answered and I told her I needed to talk to someone regarding an account on my report.  She said we no longer have a collections department.  I asked why was their company on my credit report.  She said - I have no idea, all accounts were to be deleted.  You need to dispute it with the credit report agency.    So I did - and it was gone - Experian had it off in 2 days!  

NOW - I have no idea why she said that - especially when I see posts about that company all the time on here....... Honestly I think it is weird as all get out......all I can do is hope it's gone.    Seriously - for $27 I was just going to pay it.......I totally knew what the bill was for and everything (Dish services ending in 2009) - I didn't even need to validate it.....I just was going to PFD.....but whatever.....I just hope it stays gone. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.