cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation letter success. Portfolio recovery

Validation letter success. Portfolio recovery

After cleaning up credit for the last year, I get letter from portfolio recovery for collection. A southwestern bell bill from 99. I sent off validation letter and got reply today. They conducted a investigation and are closing account! It was for less than a $100. Pretty sure I paid it in 99.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES

Re: Validation letter success. Portfolio recovery

Mikielf wrote:
After cleaning up credit for the last year, I get letter from portfolio recovery for collection. A southwestern bell bill from 99. I sent off validation letter and got reply today. They conducted a investigation and are closing account! It was for less than a $100. Pretty sure I paid it in 99.

A zombie collection from 1999 just got to love them, they cannot report it on your CRs and congrats Smiley Happy

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne
Message 2 of 5

I have a fear that as I have cleaned up everything, that random stuff like this will pop up. Stuff from so long ago I forgot etc.
Message 3 of 5
Epic Contributor

It is possible they will.  The good thing is if they are past the CRTP they cannot be put on your CR and hurt your score.

Message 4 of 5
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $13.5k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $6.1k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $4.85k / Citi DC (WMC) $7.1k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 5