cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation letter success. Portfolio recovery

tag
Mikielf

Validation letter success. Portfolio recovery

After cleaning up credit for the last year, I get letter from portfolio recovery for collection. A southwestern bell bill from 99. I sent off validation letter and got reply today. They conducted a investigation and are closing account! It was for less than a $100. Pretty sure I paid it in 99.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Validation letter success. Portfolio recovery

@Mikielf wrote:
After cleaning up credit for the last year, I get letter from portfolio recovery for collection. A southwestern bell bill from 99. I sent off validation letter and got reply today. They conducted a investigation and are closing account! It was for less than a $100. Pretty sure I paid it in 99.

A zombie collection from 1999 just got to love them, they cannot report it on your CRs and congrats Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Mikielf

I have a fear that as I have cleaned up everything, that random stuff like this will pop up. Stuff from so long ago I forgot etc.
Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It is possible they will.  The good thing is if they are past the CRTP they cannot be put on your CR and hurt your score.

Message 4 of 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.