Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation of debt letters

tag
angie23
Valued Member

Validation of debt letters

Ok so for validation of debt letters, is it correct that they have 30 days from the time I sent the letter to respond or they have to remove my file from my credit report? Also, do I send theses letters to the origional creditor or to the collection agency? do I send them to the name and address that is listed on my credit report? Thanks for all the help, I am new to all this!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Validation of debt letters

@angie23 wrote:

Ok so for validation of debt letters, is it correct that they have 30 days from the time I sent the letter to respond or they have to remove my file from my credit report? Also, do I send theses letters to the origional creditor or to the collection agency? do I send them to the name and address that is listed on my credit report? Thanks for all the help, I am new to all this!

DV letters are for collection agencies. You should, indeed, send them to the CA & address listed on your credit report.

Have you had an opportunity to read: What Steps Do I Take? Do I DV? PFD? It's a great starting point for understanding the ins & outs of DV & the follow-up actions.

Did you previously receive a dunning letter for this debt? Do you recognize this debt? Do you know if it's within the statute of limitations?

Message 2 of 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Validation of debt letters

@angie23 wrote:

No, they have no time limit to respond to a DV unless you live in TX, then they have 30 days.

You have 30 days to send a DV once you receive an inital communications from the CA.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.