Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vantage Credit Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vantage Credit Score

I just got my Vantage Credit Score of 714....I am sure that is middle of the pack but what does it truly mean.  I was thinking about buying a new car and was wondering if I should wait for these items to drop off....  The only ones that were still active when I ran this was Midwest Service Bureau but I just paid them off and they said they would have them removed from my report.  I didn't get it in writing so I may be screwed on that.  The NASB one was just a 30 day late payment.......I also had a credit card with 4,000 credit limit with 3,200 charged on it.  I just paid 3K on that so it's balance is now down to 200 bucks.....Damn I was a dumb kid.....The Midwest ones were medical bills that weren't paid by insurance but were sent to my old address.

NASB  #**** 12520 S 71 HWY
Estimated month and year that this item will be removed:
03/2012

CBCS #**** PO BOX 164089
07/2012

MID CONTINENT CREDIT SER #**PO BOX 75076
08/2012

BANK OF AMERICA #****P O BOX 982238
12/2012

GECRB/WALMART #****PO BOX 965024
12/2012

MIDLAND CREDIT MGMT INC #****8875 AERO DR STE 200
12/2012

CACH LLC #**** 4340 S MONACO
07/2013

CREDIT WORLD SERVICES #**** 6000 MARTWAY ST
11/2013

XPRESS LOAN SERVICING #**** 1 CIT DR
11/2013

XPRESS LOAN SERVICING #**** 1 CIT DR
11/2013

MIDWEST SERVICE BUREAU #****PO BOX 3888

10/2016

03/2015

02/2015

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Vantage Credit Score

Welcome to the forums!

Since your post is about fixing your credit, I'm moving it to the rebuilding forum. Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

IMO, Vantage scores shouldn't be relied upon. Why? Virtually no lenders us them and I've never heard of any car lenders using them. Also, Vantage runs on a scale of 501-990 whereas FICO is 300-850. A 714 is good in terms of FICO but not so good in Vantage-speak. Though that doesn't mean your FICO is low. Some of us had FICO scores higher than Vantage scores when pulled the same day. Point is, that it shouldn't be relied upon.

I would press for rebuilding your credit prior to the car. If it means saving a few hundred or even a thousand in a better rate, then definitely worth the effort.

Congrats on the debt paydown. It'll help.

There's really not enough info to give accurate advice. In general, for each unpaid CA you have, send a DV. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD. For each paid CA, mail a GW. For each baddie OC, weigh the age of the account in relation to your AAoA. If younger than your AAoA, press for a deletion if bad. If older, don't be so eager in wanting it removed. For unpaid OC COs, send PFDs if you want it off. For paid OC COs and other baddies like lates, send a GW.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, could you PM me the contact info for the person you dealt with at Midwest Service Bureau?  I am trying to get a PFD from them, but so far they have ignored all letters I sent.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.