Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle installment loan DROP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vehicle installment loan DROP!

I knows it is 100% normal for your score to drop like a rock once a vehicle installment loan is paid in full. However, how many payment on the NEW loan does it take for the score to recover? My old vehicle had about $19k owed. New vehicle is $36k owed. The new loan is on my reports but I haven't seen an increase yet.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Vehicle installment loan DROP!

How many points did it drop?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh man 23-25 across the board. It was quite the hit just for paying it off
Message 3 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

It may take a little while before it rises. But honestly, you may never know if it is payments to the new loan making it rise or not, because the rest of your credit profile is always considered. When you see a score jump, it can also be multiple things that caused it to jump.

Now, there does seem to be "thresholds" you cross when paying down the loan that can gain you some points. But where exactly those thresholds are, aren't exactly known.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The MyFico simulator showed me I would gain my points back when my new loan dropped below 95% ratio

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico says 61% balance would be best for auto/installment loans.  If your's was at that or below, it could be the reason.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.