cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification Investigation Results

tag
pink18

Verification Investigation Results

A new collection appeared on my credit report from Capio partners. I initially did not know what the charge was for. I started a dispute for verification. I also called and found out that it is for a family member who used to be on my insurance. I guess insurance only paid a portion and this amount was owed. I never received any paperwork and if I did, it was probably going to an old address since I moved after this event happened and my job changed insurances. I didn't know about the debt. My question is (look below for more info in red) it says this account will be on record until AUG 2015. It also says this item was updated. Does this mean that the 7 years starts again since I disputed it??? Did I do something wrong? Or is it still going to fall of in Aug?

In addition, every month for the past two months its been coming in as an update on my credit tracker. Is this going to ding me every month? Can they do that? Please help me!!!

This is what came back:

Results Back to top

How to read your results
• Deleted - This item was removed from your credit report
• Remains - This item was not changed as a result of our processing of your dispute.
• Updated - A change was made to this item; review this report to view the change. If ownership of the item was disputed, then it was verified as belonging to you.
• Processed - This item was either updated or deleted; review this report to learn its outcome

Credit Items
CAPIO PARTNERS LLC
Account Number: xxxxxxx Outcome: Updated

Details Of Dispute Results Back to top

Credit Items

CAPIO PARTNERS

Address:
2222 TEXOMA PKWY STE 150
SHERMAN, TX 75090
(888) 880-4356
Account Number:
xxxxxxxxx

Original Creditor:
FLORIDA HOSPITAL

Address Identification Number:
xxxxxxx

Collection account. $528 past due as of Mar 2015.

Status Details:
This account is scheduled to continue on record until Aug 2015.
This item was updated from our processing of your dispute in Mar 2015.

Date Opened:
12/2014
Reported Since:
02/2015
Date of Status:
03/2015
Last Reported:
03/2015 Type:
Collection
Terms:
1 Months
Monthly Payment:
$0
Responsibility:
Individual

Credit Limit/Original Amount:
$528
High Balance:
NA
Recent Balance:
$528
Recent Payment:
$0

Payment History:

MAR COLLECTION

FEB COLLECTION

Account History:
Collection as of Mar 2015, Feb 2015

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verification Investigation Results

It will still fall of in August - no matter how often they update it.

Yes, they can report it every month. A nasty strategy that further depresses scores, but unfortunately its legal. I would just wait them out, then when its gone, if the SOL has expired as well (are you still in FL and never left?) settle for 10-20% if you wish, or you can tell them to drop dead. Its certainly not worth a PFD this late in the game, IMO.

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Verification Investigation Results

Ask for an early exclusion 2-3 months prior to the scheduled drop date, you can call the CRAs or write to them to ask for it. I would not do a PFD or anything else till it falls off and then you can settle for much less as suggested by Norman.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.