Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification Letters...Then what

tag
srjjames
Valued Member

Verification Letters...Then what

Ok, I"m getting ready to send the Credit Card company verification letters certified.  If I send them a letter certified and tell them they have to respond with in 15 days....if they do not respond...how do I get the credit reporting company to take the late payments or whatever off?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Verification Letters...Then what

@srjjames wrote:

Ok, I"m getting ready to send the Credit Card company verification letters certified.  If I send them a letter certified and tell them they have to respond with in 15 days....if they do not respond...how do I get the credit reporting company to take the late payments or whatever off?

Except in Texas a CA never has to respond to a DV letter. They just can't continue with collection efforts until they do answer.

ETA: Unless you live in Texas.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 6
srjjames
Valued Member

OK, the CA is not in the State of Texas.  So what would be the next step if they don't reply within the 15 days and they have already verified with the Credit Reporting Agency that the lates or accurate?

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It is not the CA that has to be in TX, it is the consumer.  You cannot give the CA a 15 day time limit to validate a debt.  Federal law gives them no time limit to respond to a DV.  They would more than likely throw it in the trash.

Verification with the CRA and validation with the consumer are two different processes.

Message 4 of 6
srjjames
Valued Member

OK, I'm in the state of Louisiana, so I'm goodSmiley Happy I guess my question is how does the process work if the CA keeps validating the late payments? 

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You would be better if you were in TXSmiley Happy  The CA has to respond.

Your issue is with the OC not the CA.  CAs cannot report late payments other than what the OC reported to them.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.