cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verified collections and CA added 6 new collections! Please help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verified collections and CA added 6 new collections! Please help!

Hi Guys, 

Merry Christmas to me. I woke up today to find that 6 new collections were added to my experian credit report. 

I have come across many posts on this board saying how collection Shield 360 has helped many people get collections removed from their credit report (Even unpaid collections). Mine are unpaid medical collections that I plan to pay, but I wanted to verify these first, and hopefully get them removed from my credit in the process. So I signed up, and off my disputes went. 

The collection company in question is Collection Consultants of CA. They are collecting for Kaiser Permanente. So, I'm not sure what happened here, and what to do next. I sure havent received any mailed notice of these If I did, a small collection for example would have been paid within 30 days to avoid reporting. Should I pull my account from Collection Shield? So many questions. And It's freaking Christmas morning when this updates. I am livid. Collection Shield only deals with Transunion and Equifax, and the original collections appeared on both Transunion and Experian. They verified the original 3 based on Transunion, and the new accounts are listed under experian, So collection shield will not dispute them. Perhaps the CA knows that and decided to mess with my experian report... Or maybe I will see another update on Monday on one of the other reports.. 

What was existing: 

Account 1: $540

Account 2: $241

Account 3: $239

What Shows now: 

Account 1: $540

Account 2: $241

Account 3: $239

Account 4: $128

Account 5: $85

Account 6: $51

Account 7: $104

Account 8: $63

Account 9: $197

I can pay the majority of these, I just wanted to verify the collection company has the authority to collect and the validity of the debt before I pay.. Now I feel like I made a huge mistake and I'm so discouraged. Any advice? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verified collections and CA added 6 new collections! Please help!

Hi, Collecion Shield 360 doesn't do Experian since Credit Karma doesn't report from there but someone mentioned on this board sending their Experian report copy to Collection Shield and they wiped a collection off.

I would wait to receive letters from the new collections and send it with your Experian report to Collection shield. If they dont get your medical collections off, try those HIPAA disputes everyone discusses on here.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi, Collecion Shield 360 doesn't do Experian since Credit Karma doesn't report from there but someone mentioned on this board sending their Experian report copy to Collection Shield and they wiped a collection off.

I would wait to receive letters from the new collections and send it with your Experian report to Collection shield. If they dont get your medical collections off, try those HIPAA disputes everyone discusses on here.

Correct. If you send them your Experian credit report they will in fact work on those as well.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the medical collections google the HIPAA Letter Process follow it exactly as laid out. If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me.
Message 4 of 7
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Correct. If you send them your Experian credit report they will in fact work on those as well.

+1 - upload your Ex report and they will work on that as well, they did it for me

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 7
nolamike
Frequent Contributor

Nwmusic,

sorry to hear you woke up to such a fu'd christmas day.

would you mind clarifying something for me?

you said "..."They verified the original 3 based on Transunion, and the new accounts are listed under experian"

do you mean that CS360 reported back to you that the accounts were valid? meaning they are still on your TU account?

The reason I ask is that I have an account on my report with them. The account is not mine so I don't expect any problem removing it but at the same time if all CS360 is doing is taking the CA's word for it, then what use are they in this process?

They told me specifically that their process was to send the Debt Verification demand to the CA but the CA would respond to the CRA not me.

CS360 said that I had to wait potentially 50 days which would potentially put the wait out to mid January before I will know anything. They did say the CA would likely just withdraw the debt since it is not mine.

your post has me worried so if you can let me know what you meant I would appreciate it.

Mike

Starting Score: EQ 628 | TU 643 | EXP 618
Fico 8 12/22/16: EQ 658 | TU 682 | EXP 721
Next Goal:        700's across the board
Credit Karma:   EQ 554 | TU 551
CK 12/22/2016: EQ 637 | TU 637
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

CS360 shows only the collections which are listed on my transunion - I have none on EQ. The collections listed on TU also appear on EX. All the accounts on CS360's website show that they are being disputed. I recieved this notification that 6 additonal accounts were added to EX on christmas day, all from the same collection company collecting on behalf of the same medical facility for different amounts. 

What I meant was it seems that the verification/ dispute that CS360 is doing triggered the CA to add MORE accounts to my EX. none have showed up on any other credit bureau, so I'm not sure what the tactic is. 

I received a letter from the CA today, which basically is just a list of service dates and amounts due, but does not itemize the charges at all. Instead, it states to contact the healthcare provider or insurance company for additonal infomration. The statement they sent has a bunch of other amonts listed, and I'm worried they will list those as well. I can't afford to pay it all right now if it is valid. 

I plan to upload the letter to CS360's website, but I'm not sure what they will do. I'm not sure why the CA sent the response to me and not CS360. 

At this point, I'm kinda freaked out and don't know if I should cancel this whole CS360 thing. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.