Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon/AFNI

tag
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

Verizon/AFNI

So I have an old Verizon home phone bill for $492.

It was recently turned over to AFNI.

I have seen that some have had success with AFNI.  What route should I take with this?  Verizon has NEVER answered my PFDs.  I would love to PFD with AFNI if they accept them BUT that will still leave the Verizon TL on my credit report, right?

What to do????

Address:
 PO BOX 3427
  BLOOMINGTON, IL 61702
 No phone number available
Account Number:
203558....  Original Creditor:
VERIZON INC.  

Collection account. $492 past due as of Jun 2009.    
Date Opened:
04/2009 Date of Status:
06/2009 Reported Since:
06/2009 Last Reported Date:
06/2009
Type:
Installment Terms:
1 Months  Monthly Payment:
$0 Responsibility:
Individual 
Credit Limit:
$492 High Balance:
N/A  Recent Balance:
$492 Recent Payment:
$0

Help

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RadioRob
Established Contributor

Re: Verizon/AFNI

If you are not in a huge hurry and need it off tomorrow or something, I would suggest DV'ing them first.  Make them prove they're entitled to collect, etc.  Next try the PFD to try to get them to remove it if they are.

And yes, a PFD would only remove the AFNI TL.  Verizon would still be entitled to report it.  You could try GW'ing Verizon after it's paid (I would suggest you pay the full bill rather than a percentage if you plan this.)  In your GW, you can plead your case saying you've made some mistakes in your past and have learned from them, what your future plans are regarding credit (such as buying a new home) and that if they could help you how it would make such a big difference, etc.  

Good luck!

Message 2 of 7
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

Ceejay.... Check your Private messages

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the DOFD/DOLA   not what the CA reports?

Always DV  CMRRR before thinking if a PFD or a PIF!

At times the OC will accept a PFD on phone service.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of people have good luck with them. Email AFNI and ask for pfd for less, if that doesn’t work pfd in full. They are fast at answering emails. I have been going back and forward with them all day today and finally they agreed to delete. Then I would dispute Verizon it would probably fall off the 1st time disputing.

GOOD LUCK

Message 5 of 7
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

Thank you all for all of your help.

Happy- DOLA/DOFD is 2006.  But the funny thing is as I check the 2 recent reports I pulled, Verizon isnt there anymore Woman Surprised  I really dont know what this means or if it will re appear.

But I am going to call Verizon directly and see what they say.  If i can pay and be done I can do that and then DV AFNI right? Or ask Verizon to pull it from them?

If i get no luck there then I will email PFD AFNI

I am sort of in a hurry.  I'd like to buy a house/townhouse this year (actually inthe next 3 months) if not, i'll need to get an apt which I would still need a good score for

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to know who owns the account. If verizon still owns it then you can ask them to pull it from the CA with a PFD. In writing!

If they sold it then you must send a DV  CMRRR then after they answer it a PFD.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.