Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Collections

tag
riotz911
Valued Member

Verizon Collections

Had a personal account with Verizon for 4+ years.  After the 4th year, responsibility for the account was transferred from me to a business (from my social to that business tax id.)  Several more lines were added, and ultimately that account was behind & in collections.  The account was in good standing when I personally owned it.

Now have a nasty $1500 collection on my credit report for this account, which is causing issues with a NYC apartment search.

How does one dispute this?  Not mine?  (Or my fault for not ensuring they no longer had my SSN on file when the business took over the account responsibility.)

Worse case scenario, I'd pay it if need be, (need to get my lease signed but they are adament about collections) but Google searches show verzion pfd are nearly impossible.

Thanks for any advice.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Verizon Collections

Do you have documentation showing the account was transferred to the business from Verizon?

Message 2 of 4
riotz911
Valued Member

The contract in the business name, no.  Statements in the business name yes.

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.