Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon GTE / Verizon

tag
movinup1
New Contributor

Verizon GTE / Verizon

I have a debt with Verizon formerly (GTE SW) for $103. 

Experian reports as follows:

Account Name - GTE SW INC

Account # - 6XXX

Account Type - Utility Company

Balance - $103

Past Due - $103

Date Opened - 3/1/2007

Payment Status - Charge-off

On Experian, there's a KD in the month of April 2012.  What's that KD mean?

It's also on my TU.  I don't see it on my Equifax, though. 

I vaguely remember having a cell phone with them, and I remember spending what seemed like hours on the phone with a CSR disputing some charges.  I remember getting nowhere, and telling them just to close the account and that I'd be formally disputing those charges.  I can also say with all certainly that it was WELL BEFORE 2007 when that happened.  More like 2000.  I remember living in an apartment during that time and I'd purchased a home in 2002.  Is the Date Opened, the date that it was first reported, or the date that the account was closed & labeled a collections or charge-off account?  

Also, I wound up filing Ch. 7 in 2005.  Can I somehow dispute this debt, as something that should have been included in the BK?  Anyone have any experience doing that?

Any info would be most appreciated!  

In the meantime, I'm off to search the forms.  *whistles while skipping away* Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: 498
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Verizon GTE / Verizon

Hey movinup1, 

Sorry your post was overlooked.

Anytime you see your thread moving down the board  to the next page, without receiving any replies to your post. Just reply to your post, with the word "Bump", that will take your thread, to the top of the board.

KD is Key Derogatory. It means negative entry. Like. a CO.

Date Opened,  with OC's is the date that the account was opened.

Date opened with CA's, is the date the CA opened a file on this debt.

The important date to know is the DoFD, that starts the 7 1/2 year clock to drop off your CR.

Does your TU or EX CR's show the date of removal?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.