Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon GW initial response

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Verizon GW initial response

Dear Schoolbuskid,

We would like to investigate your Verizon billing issue and follow up with you. Please provide your billing phone/complete account number and a contact number to assist us with our investigation.  Our Executive Relations Team will contact you to address your concern once we have that information.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you.

Sincerely,

Verizon Executive Relations

---------------------------------------------------------------

**So i'm wondering should i provide the info they are requesting? It is an old account, got me thinking if i just disputed what would happen? advice?

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Verizon GW initial response

Well my response to them was i didn't have the billing phone number and/or full account number. I received a call yesterday from a nice lady, who seemed very concerned about my request. She then located my account and seen where it had been paid.

She said that she would forward my request on to the Financial Dept, and recommend the account be deleted from my credit reports. I'm supposed to receive another call from her today.

So i'm gonna say this is another win for me.

That makes two charge offs deleted thus far:

Verizon (paid in full)

Walmart (paid in full)

Message 2 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Did you, in fact, actually pay the debt, and if so, did you pay before they did the charge-off, thus making the CO improper, or did you pay after they took the CO?

Those are issues I would be prepared to address when they call you back......

Message 3 of 11
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

I did pay the debt after it charged off...the account is currently listed as "settlement" on my reports.

p.s. i did not receive a call back today, but for some i received another email from a different person, saying they would be handling my case. Which i thought was kind of strange. I have not responded to that email, because i'm little apprehensive of them changing their tune...i can't remember the lady's name who i spoke with yesterday! ugh!

We shall see...

Message 4 of 11
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Well tomorrow will be 30 days since first contacting verizon. I received a phone call from Exec Office and we've spoken twice in that timeframe. Fast forward to today, and i've called three times today and the line is alway busy to her extension.

I think i'll try and speak with another rep, what do yall think?

Message 5 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Schoolbuskid wrote:

Well tomorrow will be 30 days since first contacting verizon. I received a phone call from Exec Office and we've spoken twice in that timeframe. Fast forward to today, and i've called three times today and the line is alway busy to her extension.

I think i'll try and speak with another rep, what do yall think?

If you are not getting satisfaction from one then I suggest you try with another.

Message 6 of 11
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

they denied my GW...sending the next round of GW letters...until they get tired of me!

Message 7 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Schoolbuskid wrote:

they denied my GW...sending the next round of GW letters...until they get tired of me!

Yup, persistence is key, one a month or one every other month is a good rate it can sometimes take years. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Schoolbuskid wrote:

Yup, persistence is key, one a month or one every other month is a good rate it can sometimes take years. Good luck Smiley Happy

gotcha, i think i'll do email and snail mail once a month, i'm ready for battle! hahaha!

Message 9 of 11
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Good luck. I gave up on Verizon and I'm 3 years in! Mine is PIF as well now.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.