cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon - I finally pissed them off!

tag
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: Verizon - I finally pissed them off!

@Dustink wrote:

Have some phone numbers.....

Can I hire you as a research assistant? Impressive list.

Message 31 of 51
xthatgamerguyx
Regular Contributor

I'll throw in my VZW experience.

I had an older account I forgot about when I hit hard times a couple years back.

I have a current VZW account that is current and always paid on time.

I was made aware of the account when it popped up on my credit reports. I wrote to the CEO with an address I obtained here. I offered to PIF if they would delete the mark from my reports. I advised them the account was mine, and I wanted to take care of it. I also explained I was a current customer with another account in good standing.

2 months later I get a "settlement offer" of 50%, and they would agree to mark it as paid on my reports, but not delete. After several unasnwered phones calls and frustrating conversations with customer service - I sent in the payment for 50%.

Now again, 2 months later - my check has not been cashed, and I get a letter yesterday VERY similar to the OPs. It uses the same bad grammar and verbage. It also explicitly states that they have made an amendment to my reporting, which will take 60 days to reflect with the CRAs, and to use this letter as proof of payment.

All this, and my check I sent in August has never been cashed, and my bank advised me to run a stop payment on it.

February 2012: 480 across the board (before I found this site and started working on my scores)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Scores: TU FAKO: 543 (06/16/2012) EX FAKO: 547 (06/16/2012) EQ FAKO: 528 (06/16/2012)
Current Scores:TU FICO: 639 (11/20/2012) EQ FICO: 617 (11/20/2012)
TU FAKO: 606 (8/30/2012) EX FAKO: 574 (09/04/2012) EQ FAKO: 564 (09/30/2012)
Message 32 of 51
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Thanks for that extensive phone list.  I think I'll call one every day and just rotate through the list.  I'll also keep sending GW letters, will send letter to BBB and may even send them a SDT for a full copy of my file.  I figure I'll cost them more than the original $109 by the end of the first day Smiley Happy  Their dog of a collection agency could call me 30 times a day, while I'll not be that extreme I will not let them off the hook with that BS letter they sent me.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 33 of 51
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@bahbahd wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Have some phone numbers.....

Can I hire you as a research assistant? Impressive list.

Sure I can take paypal and work off site. PM me Smiley Happy

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 34 of 51
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

Thanks for that extensive phone list.  I think I'll call one every day and just rotate through the list.  I'll also keep sending GW letters, will send letter to BBB and may even send them a SDT for a full copy of my file.  I figure I'll cost them more than the original $109 by the end of the first day Smiley Happy  Their dog of a collection agency could call me 30 times a day, while I'll not be that extreme I will not let them off the hook with that BS letter they sent me.

Try this number first 1 877 325-5156. That is the credit reporting department.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 35 of 51
rkb84
Contributor

Finally got my agreement for a pay/delete.. you just have to get the right person and stay on them, and be nice if possible.

Message 36 of 51
MYBEST
New Contributor

http://aboutus.verizonwireless.com/leadership/executive/index.html

EQ Starting Score: 584 | TU Starting Score: 547
EQ Current Score: 650 | TU Current Score: 643 | EX Current Score: 643
EQ Goal Score: 700 | TU Goal Score: 700 | EX Goal Score: 700
***Staying*** " with prayer that is " with in the garden and no (more) applying until mid-end of 2015!

Message 37 of 51
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@rkb84 wrote:

Finally got my agreement for a pay/delete.. you just have to get the right person and stay on them, and be nice if possible.

+1

Message 38 of 51
MYBEST
New Contributor

Smiley Very Happy LOL @ research assistant !

EQ Starting Score: 584 | TU Starting Score: 547
EQ Current Score: 650 | TU Current Score: 643 | EX Current Score: 643
EQ Goal Score: 700 | TU Goal Score: 700 | EX Goal Score: 700
***Staying*** " with prayer that is " with in the garden and no (more) applying until mid-end of 2015!

Message 39 of 51
djrez4
Established Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Hmm,,  my personal opinion on the matter?  Double your efforts!!!!!  lol

Exactly - Take a lesson from Andy Dufresne.

Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.