Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Pay of PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon Pay of PFD?

Okay so I'm helping a friend who has this listed on his credit.

Credit Account Verizon

Status as of Jul, 2014
Date opened [?] Jun, 2011
Date of last activity [?] Not Available
Account number [?]
Loan type [?] Unknown - Credit Extension, Review, Or Collection Terms [?] 1 Month Account Type [?] Installment Account holder [?] Individual Industry Telephone Companies
Descriptions [?]
  • Account Closed At Credit Grantor's Request

No contact information provided by Experian

Balance [?] Current Status [?] Past Due Amount [?] $374 Account seriously past due date/account assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department $374

He has the money to pay in full. But I'm trying to build his credit or clean it up at least so he doesn't have anythign derogatory. Since it's such a small balance is it even worth the effort to to pfd. He doesn't need a huge score bump right now. He just doesn't want to owe anything to anyone. But I still want to help him to it the best way. Thanks everyone.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Re: Verizon Pay of PFD?

Doing a PFD is always worth it. it's a far better impact on your score than have it linger AND in addition to the fact that is continues to report each month. The only reason I can think of not to do a PFD:

1. Account is near it's 7 year mark since DoFD and basically about to fall off the report

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.