cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Settlement to CA - helpful to PIF to Verizon?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon Settlement to CA - helpful to PIF to Verizon?

Verizon acct in collection August 2014, paid a settlement to the collection agency in December 2014. All three credit agencies report balance $0, paid settlement less than full balance.

Im applying for a mortgage soon. Any value in PIF (the remainder of the bill) directly to Verizon and having them mark the debt as PIF?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Verizon Settlement to CA - helpful to PIF to Verizon?

@Anonymous wrote:

Verizon acct in collection August 2014, paid a settlement to the collection agency in December 2014. All three credit agencies report balance $0, paid settlement less than full balance.

Im applying for a mortgage soon. Any value in PIF (the remainder of the bill) directly to Verizon and having them mark the debt as PIF?

There is nothing due, once its settled its settled, I would not worry about it, what I would do is send each reporting entity a GW letter asking that they remove their TL. Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verizon Settlement to CA - helpful to PIF to Verizon?

Hey thanks, these forums are big, lots of info to get sucked into haha 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.