Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon- Sucks !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon- Sucks !

The only account left on my report , from 2011 , paid off before I knew there was PFD , left for Iraq in 2011 , stopped service before I left and they never terminated so had a 230 dollar bill when I got back . Long story short - I tried GW sent several letters to the CEO , i got a call yesterday from there executive account team , there not deleting anything blah blah , so after all that I got no where . Its showing charge-off on my EX - any one else have this issue anything else I can do ? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Downto0
Regular Contributor

Re: Verizon- Sucks !

Have you sent a "written" dispute to Verizon?  If so, they will have to list their trade line as disputed.  This should help your fico score.  Generally, if an oc insists on keeping their trade line on your cr you will have to find some way to sue them to get it off.  

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remind these Douchebags of their obligations and your protections under the Sailors and Soldiers civil relief act:

"Termination of Cell Phone Contracts: Cell phone installment contracts are also protected. These contracts may be cancelled or suspended if the servicemember is deployed overseas for 90 days or longer or if he makes a permanent change-of-station (PCS) move. The servicemember may cancel or suspend the cell phone contract without penalties or extra fees as long as the deployment or PCS materially affects the servicemember’s ability to satisfy the contract or utilize the service."

Threaten to bring suit for failing to suspend your contract under the SCRA while you were deployed DEFENDING THOSE F-WADS.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Norman thank you for the reply , I have been all over the map and have never had issues with any other carrier but them , it was not a cell phone it was a wire-less internet hot-spot that I had with them for 3 months I used it and then had to terminate due to me going to iraq , but I will deffenitly look into this thank you !

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since Wireless internet hotspots work over the cell networks, it would easily be argued that it would fall under that rule.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.