Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Wireless-BBB Complaint

tag
kaymom
Contributor

Verizon Wireless-BBB Complaint

Have anyone had any luck with Verizon Wireless through filing a complaint with BBB?

A Fresh Start
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Verizon Wireless-BBB Complaint

What's the complaint?  What do you hope to accomplish? 

Message 2 of 9
kaymom
Contributor

They agreed to delete after payment. When I last call them about this matter, they said I was elgible for new service. They want to offer me new service, but fail to make good on their promise.

A Fresh Start
Message 3 of 9
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Did u get it in writing? Was the phone call recorded? How long ago was the PFD?

Message 4 of 9
kaymom
Contributor

No, unfortunately, I didn't. It has been a few years ago.

A Fresh Start
Message 5 of 9
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Aww man I am sorry. Idk what can be done since its been so long ago. Do u have any proof that u paid it? I would maybe contact which every CR is reporting it and let them know or dispute it. When they try to verify it Verizon wont be able to say that the debt is still owed. I have read a few people who paid the OC directly just dv with the CR and it was removed and I have also read when they called the CR and told them that the OC promised to delete they went a head and deleted. If your CR is showing the account closed/paid maybe you can GW them. I would try it all.

Message 6 of 9
p-
Valued Contributor

kaymom wrote:  Have anyone had any luck with Verizon Wireless through filing a complaint with BBB?

No...  but I can tell you their Home division was horrible to me in a similar situation:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/CREDIT-REBUILD-PROJECT-LOG/td-p/290152/page/2...

I spent over 3 months trying to get a BBB complaint to stick with them, after failing with GW, CEO, etc.  No luck.

Message 7 of 9
kaymom
Contributor

Sorry to hear that. It's worth the try. I will definitely keep you all posted.

A Fresh Start
Message 8 of 9
p-
Valued Contributor

@kaymom wrote:

Sorry to hear that. It's worth the try. I will definitely keep you all posted.

For wireless I suggest trying an email to the CEO.  I started with that, and wireless was pretty good, got back to me right away and was polite.  But they sent me over to home phone execs who were not helpful at all.  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.