cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Wireless Charge Off impossible to PIF!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon Wireless Charge Off impossible to PIF!!!!!

I have a CO with Verizon Wireless from June 06. Verizon Wireless is still it as a utility, and they are reporting as an OC; CO/Account Open on my TL, but when I try to contact them to PIF (not even a PFD) they re-route me by playing a recording that states they have sold the account to Collections of America (or something to that effect). I was dunned by this company in January of 09, and that is the last date that Verizon reported. Since then, I replied with a DV to the CA, but heard nothing back from them. I do not have a collection showing up and the only CRA reporting is TU. I am desperately trying to get this PIF, but am concerned about waking sleeping giants by contacting the CA. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it wiser to pay the OC than to risk the addition of a CA on all 3 reports? Does anyone know how to get around the recording and pay Verizon directly? 

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated - especially if you have had a similar experience with these guys!  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Verizon Wireless Charge Off impossible to PIF!!!!!

Yes, it is better to deal with the OC if you can. but if the OC wont even talk with you about payment of the debt, that indicates that they have probably sold the debt to a CA, and have not merely contracted with the CA for collection services.  That takes the OC out of the payment picture.

If the CA has not yet posted to your CR, they can at any time.  If you send them a PIF now, the debt is discharged, and there is thus nothing left for the CA to report to your CR.

The CO will remain, even if you send PIF to the CA.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verizon Wireless Charge Off impossible to PIF!!!!!

RobertEG:
Thanks for the swift reply.

• Should I write a letter or call the CA asking for the balance due (which I am sure is greater than OC is posting)?
  • And, would it be wise to have CA sign a PFD prior to payment. I have 4 years until this falls off, but SOL is only 2 since it is a utility.
  • The original charge was @ $1200 - before unlimited texting, but not before the invention of teenagers who abused cell phones - and VW is reporting $2396. I'm guessing it is @ $3000 now with JDB fees.
  • I can pay, don't want to pay so much, but I will if it keeps collections  off of my CR. 
  • Will VW report a $0 balance once it is paid to the CA? Verizon is still reporting $2396 on the TL. 
  • If a collection has to be reported on all 3 reports, I would rather wait for a settlement offer in a year or two. We are not in need of credit at this time, but will be in 2.5 years.

Any suggestions?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.