cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Wireless Collection- What to do?

tag
ferferhess
Regular Contributor

Verizon Wireless Collection- What to do?

First I'd like to thank everyone here for all of the information on this forum.  I have gotten several badies off my CR through the use of GW, DV, and PFD.  

I have one collection left on my report that I'm not sure how to proceed with.  It is for an old Verizon Wireless acct.  I spoke with Verizon today and was told by the CSR that I had 2 accts, one was closed 5/2008 in good standing.  The second acct was placed for collections with a balance of $563.08.  The Verizon CSR could not provide any further information.  (I am positive I closed my acct with them 5/2008 and have been an AT&T customer ever since.)

I called the CA who owns the acct (Pennacle) and they told me that my acct has been assigned to another CA (Total Card). The Total Card CSR gave me the phone number associated with the collection.  This phone number corresponds with the acct that was closed in good standing 5/2008.  I have only ever had one acct with Verizon.  I have never co-signed for anyone else.

I then called one of the CRA's, who informed me that the FCRA Compliance date was 03/ 2010 for the collection and was due to drop off 03/2017.  Again, this does not make sense, bc I closed my acct in 2008.

My questions are

1.  If I DV them, it will probably come back as valid since the phone # they have for the acct was a phone # I had with Verizon.  

2.  What is the best way to dispute this? With the CRA, the CA who owns the acct or the CA whose been assigned the acct?  (Pennacle is the one reporting)

3.  I'm not sure how to successfully dispute this as I do not have any supporting documentation of the closed acct anymore.  

The hardest part is waiting!! I'm an instant gratification girl!!!
06/24/2008: TU 708, EQ 705, EX 712
06/09/2008: TU 699, EQ 688, EX 712
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verizon Wireless Collection- What to do?

I would send validation to both with request of the last statement including date of last activity/payment. I successfully deleted a Verizon account as I disputed I could not receive a signal at my home as promised (true) and therefore they were in breach of the contract.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.