Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Wireless - Deposit?

tag
starting_over30
Established Member

Verizon Wireless - Deposit?

I'm looking to get a cell phone plan with Verizon Wireless.  Does anyone have any experience getting a non-prepaid cell phone plan with similar scores as I have below?  What was your deposit amount?

Equifax: 621

TransUnion: 638

(Experien wasn't available at the time I checked)

I'm looking to buy the phone outside of Verizon so I would only need this for the coverage, but I don't know if that will affect the deposit amount or not.  My backup option, (If the deposit from Verizon is too high), is to go with T-Mobile, but they also run your credit.  I'd prefer Verizon because of their coverage, I'm really only considering T-mobile as a last resort.

I definitely do NOT want pre-paid service.  I've had that before and really don't want to go back to that.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
diva_1515
Valued Member

Re: Verizon Wireless - Deposit?

My fico score is 647 and T-Mobile wanted me to pay a $350 deposit even though I had prepaid service with them for three years and paid on time each month. I was approved for 2 lines no deposit with Sprint.

I would just call and see what they say.

Message 2 of 4
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

I got a Verizon account with scores in the 550 range with no deposit. I think Sprint wanted a $125 deposit and At&t wanted like $500 deposit.
Message 3 of 4
Raisingthescores

My scores are in the pooper and I got ATT 2 lines with no deposit... We had verizon previously and no deposit on that either.. we just switched earlier this year to ATT because they were cheaper for us.. I would just call and see...Good luck!

Taking it one day at a time...
Creditreport.com pull 10/18/2013
EX:487 EQ:525 TU:501
Credit Karma TU score: 558
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.