Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Wireless Firat GW Attempt Unsuccessful

tag
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

Verizon Wireless Firat GW Attempt Unsuccessful

So I have a paid Version Wireless collections account showing on my credit. Long story short I opened a 2nd account for my brother since I get a great discount. Fast forward 10 years later, he fell on hard times and account went to collections. He eventually paid collections but this was way before I found this site. So I wrote a goodwill letter and emailed higher ups within the company. I got a call back the same day stating they cant remove it unless it was a mistake on their part. I was so mad because I know they can do it! What should I do next? Keep sending off letters and emailing execs? I even emailed the president of Verizon Wireless Surely someone over there at the authority to remove it.
Started 6/2014 EX 594 EQ 617 TU 580 FICO's Goal is 740's and up
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Verizon Wireless Firat GW Attempt Unsuccessful

@jacksont1981 wrote:
So I have a paid Version Wireless collections account showing on my credit. Long story short I opened a 2nd account for my brother since I get a great discount. Fast forward 10 years later, he fell on hard times and account went to collections. He eventually paid collections but this was way before I found this site. So I wrote a goodwill letter and emailed higher ups within the company. I got a call back the same day stating they cant remove it unless it was a mistake on their part. I was so mad because I know they can do it! What should I do next? Keep sending off letters and emailing execs? I even emailed the president of Verizon Wireless Surely someone over there at the authority to remove it.

If its Verizon showing on your report then continue GW letters to them at once a month, they eventually will get tired of getting the letters and acquiesce. If its a CA then you have to mail the letters to the CA. GW letters always go to who is reporting the item.

Message 2 of 7
eric19k
Established Contributor

Do you have an account with Verizon?
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 3 of 7
eric19k
Established Contributor

I mean currently
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Message 4 of 7
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

Yes I have an account with them. I even included that in the letter.
Message 5 of 7
eric19k
Established Contributor

Earlier there was a thread
Check this out

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Verizon-Sucess-finally/td-p/3196540

TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Message 6 of 7
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

@eric19k wrote:

Earlier there was a thread
Check this out

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Verizon-Sucess-finally/td-p/3196540

Thank you eric19k, that thread keeps me hopeful! 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.