Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Wireless GW Success?

tag
alleycat1975
Regular Contributor

Verizon Wireless GW Success?

Have any of you had success with having a Verizon Wireless Account GW deleted?   I have one from 2008 that is paid in full and I did use planet feedback to request a GW deletion but they came back with "if we didn't do anything wrong then it stays the way it is".    I would really like to have this one gone.   If you've had success can you please pm me the contact info where to send my GW letter?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

Re: Verizon Wireless GW Success?

I'm sorry to tell you but Verizon Wireless is VERY strict and will not remove anything that is accurate--ever..only when it is time.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was it PIF before or after it was sent to collections? Sounds like a silly question, but I had one that was PIF before it was sent to collections and I had to fight, fight, fight to get it off.

Message 3 of 11
alleycat1975
Regular Contributor

No it was PIF after.  I had started negotiating the payment (told them when i was going to pay it off) but it had hit collection status first. 

I figured they were strict..  oh well..  At least its paid off. 

Message 4 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I recently read a post where someone had Verizon removed.  I'll see if I can find it.

Message 5 of 11
alleycat1975
Regular Contributor

Ironically, its now showing up as Charge off with a 0 balance and not listed as Paid in full..   Disputed it with the CRA because it is after all PIF..  At least if i can get PIF designation that will make me feel a little better, even if it doesn't really help worth a squat.   lol  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont give up my boyfriend had success just this week, he had an old bill he didn't know he had from 2008.........the kicker is he still has Verizon service! We wrote a heartfelt letter to the CEO, that he did genuinly did forget but he never received a billig statement due to that exact time he purchased a home and moving, mail, etc. But he is still a Verizon customer to this day on his own account. Emailed the letter last Tuesday, got a call from the CEO's assistant Monday morning, they are deleting the whole tradeline in 5-7 business day and they appreciate his business as a continuing Verizon customerSmiley Happy

FYI the assitant did ask for his current account #, and cellphone # I guess to check to verify he wasn't lying that he had a valid account and it was his OWN personal account.................but hey whatever works, so keep trying and good luck to youSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
KeepSwimming
Regular Contributor

I had success with getting a CO removed, but I think it's because it was a genuine misunderstanding. Essentially, it was an Alltel account that I had closed, but I did it right as they merged with Verizon. The kept the account open, and I moved several times, so I hadn't received anything alerting me to the fact I owed anything or even that the account still existed. They were able to piece that together based on all my bill archives, along with me reconstructing my multiple moves to help fill in the gaps on the timeline.

They may not deal with you so easily on a PFD if it's just a cut and dried case of not paying, versus a genuine miscommunication, at least that seems to be what I read here.

Starting Score: TU: 550 EQ: 556 (pulled 6/2010)
Current Score: (pulled 4/18/11) TU: 668(pulled 4/18/2011) EQ: 741
Goal Score: Above 700 on both

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

had a $500 bill,  paid it after got collection notices, showed up AFTER I PAID on report, contacted bbb and was removed after 3 wecteks, do know what caused it to be dropped as CA and verizon will not budge after contacting them many times

so go thru BBB website is MHO

Message 9 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I dont see, from what you have reported, and discrepancy in your CR.  If you paid the OC, and they now show $0 balance, and the CA is also updated to show $0 balance, that IS a PIF.  I dont see what is to be updated....

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.