Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Wireless - PFD?

tag
BlkQueen
Established Member

Verizon Wireless - PFD?

I have a very similar issue as this (http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Verizon-Wireless/m-p/562497#M80826

My credit report is showing a chargeoff from verizon and that its a collection account that is past due $573 ($200 termination fee + past due balances).

Now, should I contact verizon directly for a PFD? Or should I contact verizon for the CA company and write the CA company for the PFD. Verizon is still reportin so Im not sure that they have sold it.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Verizon Wireless - PFD?

If I read right, in the other thread, it had been paid. Is yours paid? Or is it unpaid and is only VZW reporting? Is there a CA reporting?

I personally had success with a VZW CO. I had a CO owing over $400. It reported as unpaid and they added lates from time to time. I called them at a minimum of once per month for about a year, faxed them at least once per month, and mailed PFDs no fewer than 10-15 per month at my peak. They wouldn't budge. I offered 100% of the balance each time. One day a fellow mod suggested I send a PFD via planetfeedback.com. I got an e-mail back after my PFD request via PFB and later communicated with VZW over the phone. They said I had been very persistent with my PFD requests and that 2 months prior they decided to accept my PFD request. They said they called me (true) but they never left any messages and when I called the number on the callerID back, they said "no". Well, I paid the full balance with a CC over the phone after receiving an e-mail verification to my PFD request and within a week, it was gone from all 3.

Message 2 of 7
BlkQueen
Established Member

Nope, its unpaid. I would like to do a PFD, I recieved a settlement amount in the mail months ago from the CA but I didnt respond because I did not have a job that paid enough. Now that I do have enough I would like to do a PFD of at least $250

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If it is only VZW that reports, and they report a balance, then forever ignore any CA. Besides, you wouldn't send a PFD to remove a TL that isn't reporting, namely the CA if this is the case.

When I called them I learned how they operate. Now this has been 3 years now and things change, but they do (or did) keep ownership of the debt. For collection, they'll assign a CA to call, send letters, etc. But because the CA does not own the debt, and because the CA is contractually obligated not to report, VZW will only report and will cycle through a new CA if the old fails to collect. I found that a couple of the CAs assigned to mine would just fold and give up after a DV. Now since they don't report, they have no teeth or bite anyway. After 3 or so tries, eventually Verizon Wireless will give up and auction off the debt. They told me that if that happens, they will stop reporting (though I found examples in here that show otherwise). The new debt purchaser will then engage in collections and have the option of reporting if they so choose.

Just keep sending PFDs to Verizon Wireless. If you send enough, you'll get a "yes". Continue to ignore any CAs for as long as VZW reports a balance.

Message 4 of 7
BlkQueen
Established Member

@llecs wrote:

If it is only VZW that reports, and they report a balance, then forever ignore any CA. Besides, you wouldn't send a PFD to remove a TL that isn't reporting, namely the CA if this is the case.

When I called them I learned how they operate. Now this has been 3 years now and things change, but they do (or did) keep ownership of the debt. For collection, they'll assign a CA to call, send letters, etc. But because the CA does not own the debt, and because the CA is contractually obligated not to report, VZW will only report and will cycle through a new CA if the old fails to collect. I found that a couple of the CAs assigned to mine would just fold and give up after a DV. Now since they don't report, they have no teeth or bite anyway. After 3 or so tries, eventually Verizon Wireless will give up and auction off the debt. They told me that if that happens, they will stop reporting (though I found examples in here that show otherwise). The new debt purchaser will then engage in collections and have the option of reporting if they so choose.

Just keep sending PFDs to Verizon Wireless. If you send enough, you'll get a "yes". Continue to ignore any CAs for as long as VZW reports a balance.

Thank you!you wouldnt happen to have an address for them would you? I called their recovery unit but they are closed. Is it wise to ask fo a PFD via phone? I know here everything is stressed that it must be in writing

Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Get it in writing, just in case they forget about your arrangement.

I started with no contacts, names, etc. I started using the address on my CR for my mailed PFDs and would call them using the number on my CR for additional info. Over time they revealed names, addresses, faxes, etc.

Unfortunately I no longer have the contact info, though they changed addresses since because I would post some from time to time only to have others tell me my info was bum.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

llecs, I tried to send you a PM about this but I guess you have that disabled. I know this is an old thread but I'm going through a weird situaton. I have Verizon reporting on my CR since 2011.... I finally decided to call them on Friday (2 days ago) ... to offer a PFD which they denied and instead said they would update the report for me to show as paid which I in turn kindly declined. In that same conversation I asked the rep if Verizon still owns the debt and she replied yes, they can take the payment directly... the very NEXT day (Saturday) I recieved a collection notice from a 3rd party CA regardingt his debt? I know it probably was a coincendence but who should I pay? Could/would they also report to my CR? Should I just hit Verizon with PFDs? Do you suggest I pay first and good will them? I dont want to run out of time and then this CA starts reporting also.

I would really appreciate any advice here. This is my ONLY neg which I would do anythingt o get rid of at this point.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.