Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Wireless PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verizon Wireless PFD

So EOS CCA called me this afternoon, and I spoke to them about this debt. They said they do not own the debt, but are merely in charge of collecting for Verizon. They also said because they are not the reporting agency, they cannot guarentee that if I pay, it will be removed. So I called xxx at the EO back and left him a message with the information EOS CCA gave me, and told him that I would like to pay this debt off, but I would like Verizon to remove the charge off information on my credit reports. I'm currently at work, and he did call me back saying "From my understanding it is illegal for us to remove any information completely from your credit report, but it would be updated to a zero balance one paid." I sent him an email in response, saying that it wasn't illegal for businesses to make a goodwill adjustment to a persons credit report in certain circumstances. I then reminded him I was a perfect customer for 4 years who fell on hard times when I lost my job. Sooooooo now I wait for his response....

I'm still going to push for removal, and maybe i'll get on their nerves enough for them to remove it. I need this off my reports!  

Message 31 of 38
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Nice! Keep us updated! I'm waiting on disputes to come back, then I'll attack LOL
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 32 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL. My next step is emailing all of the people listed on their EO team on their website...I'm going to start drafting it this weekend if need be! ha.

Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are sticklers...I paid mine back in 2009 so I tried a gw email..shot off a ton of emails to different Executives and have gotten the same standard response. ..we can't delete anything. Maybe if I keep emailing they will cave!
Message 34 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, they still aren't budging on the PFD...
So what do you think is the best option for my credit?
1. Continue trying for the PFD
2. Pay Verizon the full amount due $527.36
3. Pay EOS CCA $348.25, which is the settlement offer they are giving me.

Any advice?
Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have an answer for that unfortunately.   Mine never went to a collection agency even 3 yrs into the debt.  Verizon did let me settle for less than full balance..even at that time they wouldn't budge and its reporting paid in for less than full balance.   They are tough.

Message 36 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah, they still aren't budging on the PFD...
So what do you think is the best option for my credit?
1. Continue trying for the PFD
2. Pay Verizon the full amount due $527.36
3. Pay EOS CCA $348.25, which is the settlement offer they are giving me.

Any advice?

Who is reporting on your CR? If it is being reported by a CA, have Verizon recall the debt. Please make sure who is reporting it. Once it is recalled, CA has no authority to report something they no longer have or own. Once Verizon recall it, pay it with them and obtain documentation that you have paid it in full. That is what i would have done.

Message 37 of 38
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

Can you send me who you talked to to try to do a PFD for verizon?Please!!  I am getting nowhere.

Starting Score:
August Equifax 558 TU 600 EX 570
Current Score: Equifax FICO 642 TU FICO662 EX 651 (credit.com) 06/21/2013
Goal Score: 720 All Across

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.