Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Wireless account

tag
trippin
New Visitor

Verizon Wireless account

I have a verizon wireless account that has been in collections since 02/12. The balance on it is $1,096. I'm trying to rebuild my credit as I had to open up a lot of accounts at a young age. (I was 21 at the time the account closed with a new mortgage to worry about) That being said, I'm in a place where I can finally start paying off debts. Would it be benefical to my credit score to pay off the amount even now 2 years later and how would I go about starting the process? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Verizon Wireless account

@trippin wrote:

I have a verizon wireless account that has been in collections since 02/12. The balance on it is $1,096. I'm trying to rebuild my credit as I had to open up a lot of accounts at a young age. (I was 21 at the time the account closed with a new mortgage to worry about) That being said, I'm in a place where I can finally start paying off debts. Would it be benefical to my credit score to pay off the amount even now 2 years later and how would I go about starting the process? 

It would only benefit you score wise if you get the deletion for paying it off, if not and it has not been updating monthly it will drop your score when the DOLA comes current to report the Paid Collection. I suggest you read up on DVs, (debt validation) which is what you would do first and PFDs (pay for delete) this is your last option.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.