Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Wireless collection problems.

tag
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

Verizon Wireless collection problems.

Has anyone had success with a pay for delete w/ verizon wireless? I have a collection agency calling me like crazy over this debt, but when I call Verizon they say the account hasn't been sent to collection... I call back a couple days later to take care of the balance and they tell to contact the collection agency but its a different collector than the one that been contacting me neither of them are list on my credit report, but verizon is reporting the debt as a collection.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verizon Wireless collection problems.

Yes - in 2007.

Used this method. And I was willing to pay.
https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=527327
What also can work is filing a complaint with the PUC in your state. Cost is about 1k for them to answer.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to get them to delete with a BBB complaint because they were double reporting that I still owed them a sold debt. They would not even talk to me as far as thier collection department because the debt was sold and they kept referring me to the collection agency. Within 2 days of the BBB complaint Verizon Executive office contacted me and agreed to delete because of it reporting as I owed them the debt still. Took about a month but it is finally gone.

Message 3 of 5
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
Yes - in 2007.

Used this method. And I was willing to pay.
https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=527327
What also can work is filing a complaint with the PUC in your state. Cost is about 1k for them to answer.

I tried the first method as well and it fell on death ears that's when I decided to just cough up the money. 

I will give PUC a shot. Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I was able to get them to delete with a BBB complaint because they were double reporting that I still owed them a sold debt. They would not even talk to me as far as thier collection department because the debt was sold and they kept referring me to the collection agency. Within 2 days of the BBB complaint Verizon Executive office contacted me and agreed to delete because of it reporting as I owed them the debt still. Took about a month but it is finally gone.

Wow! I will definitely go the BBB route before trying SKSH1958 method. Thanks!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.