Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Wireless collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon Wireless collection

My wife and I just applied for a home loan. There's a couple things that we need to take care of. One of the things is an old Verizon Wireless collection for $853. I called today to pay in full. I called the number that's reporting on my credit reports. It was a Verizon number. When I spoke to the lady she said that it's now under Jefferson Capital Systems. My concern and the credit consultants concern is that because its not under Verizon anymore that there will be another hit to my credit report with Jefferson. I did call Jefferson today but they were already closed so I will be calling them first thing in the morning. I'm just worried because this is the last thing we had to take care of and I really don't want anything to mess up the mortgage. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Verizon Wireless collection

Make a deal with jefferson for payment in full in lieu of reporting the collection. Verizon will update to 0 balance when the CA is paid. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I called Jefferson today, it was an automated recording and I entered my social security number and it said "your account is not being handled by our office" and then hung up. I called Verizon and my account was there so I paid it. I do have another collection with Jefferson Capital Systems but you would think it would have pulled that one up today when I called so now I've got to figure out what's going on with that. Our credit consultant told me to dispute that one if there's no record of it with them but I'm unsure of what to do. 

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

When I called Jefferson today, it was an automated recording and I entered my social security number and it said "your account is not being handled by our office" and then hung up. I called Verizon and my account was there so I paid it. I do have another collection with Jefferson Capital Systems but you would think it would have pulled that one up today when I called so now I've got to figure out what's going on with that. Our credit consultant told me to dispute that one if there's no record of it with them but I'm unsure of what to do. 

If JC is on your CR for Verizon then you can dispute as not having collection authority as per CRA rules they must delete if they are not active collectors on the account.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.