Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Wireless past due

tag
stapleton
New Visitor

Verizon Wireless past due

Hi everyone,

I've been on the path to improving my credit situation, having made some pretty dumb mistakes in the not too distant past. I've been reading the forums but thought I'd ask for advice on my situation. 

I have an old Verizon account, past due for $502.00 showing up on both TransUnion and Experian. The account was closed in 1/2012 and is currently showing as in collections on both reports. 

As I understand, a PFD may be an option in this situation (although VZW doesn't seem too receptive about PFDs from what I have read)... but this is currently the oldest account I have on file, having been opened in 10/2008. The next oldest account is a Cap One card opened on 10/2010. 

So, I'm not sure if the best option here is to pursue the PFD, or to simply pay off VZW to at least get the debt satisfied and to keep that 2 yr history on my report. I'm not sure if it's relevant, but my Experian score is 555 and TransUnion is 642... and I'm 23 years old. 

Thank you for reading. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Verizon Wireless past due

I'd send PFDs (it'll take many).

Message 2 of 3
diva_1515
Valued Member

Re: Verizon Wireless past due

I had a baddie from VW removed through the verification process. Lucky for me VW never responded to my letters asking them to verify I owed them money and the account had to be removed from my CR's. Good luck.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.