Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Wireless

tag
328James
Valued Member

Verizon Wireless

Someone opened an account in my name. I disputed with Verizon and received a letter stating this was indeed fraud and they would be removing from my credit reports. That was 7 months ago and today I get a call from a collection agency stating Verizon reported this account to them a few days ago as still open and I owed almost $700 and had to pay it. Why in the world would Verizon report this account to a CA AFTER they determined it was fraud and I was not liable. Verizon's customer service is a joke! Not sure what to do now.  HELP!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verizon Wireless

i would contact the EO and have them review.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verizon Wireless

@328James wrote:

Someone opened an account in my name. I disputed with Verizon and received a letter stating this was indeed fraud and they would be removing from my credit reports. That was 7 months ago and today I get a call from a collection agency stating Verizon reported this account to them a few days ago as still open and I owed almost $700 and had to pay it. Why in the world would Verizon report this account to a CA AFTER they determined it was fraud and I was not liable. Verizon's customer service is a joke! Not sure what to do now.  HELP!

ID theft. Make a report. Read FCRA 605B for details on how to handle this.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.