Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Wireless

tag
ERL55
Established Member

Verizon Wireless

I have had a "family share plan" with Verizon Wireless for quite some time, with 3 phone lines on the account.  My DH had a separate account, with only his one phone line, and both accounts were in my name.  When I called Verizon Wireless with a random question about my service, THEY suggested that in order to save money, we add DH's phone to the family share plan and eliminate his account, saying that I would only have one bill to pay, and all his charges would then be on family share account.  Great idea, I thought.  HA!  I agreed to this, and assumed that everything transferred over to the family share plan account.  I even went onto their website to pay the bill on family share account, and checked on the other account to make sure nothing was left to pay on that, but I was unable to get on it, getting a message that said the account no longer existed.  I thought that meant that all had been transferred to other account, which was what I was led to believe.  A few days ago I checked my credit report, and DH's account has been turned over to collection for a 175.00 balance which was left on the account!!  Guess what it is...EARLY TERMINATION FEE!!! What?? It was their idea! And never did anybody mention anything about a fee!  I must be more naive than I thought.  Now the work begins... wish me luck!

Starting Score: EQ 519 TU 453
Current Score: EQ 661 TU ?
Goal Score: EQ 700 TU 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jfkg28
Established Member

Re: Verizon Wireless

They are threatining me with a $325 early termination fee. I am paying 110/month for one line of unlimited text/minutes + 2gb data on a 4glite phone. Problem is they have no towers and I cant use the internet... im borrowing US Cellulars towers to use my text/minutes. LOL I understand how frusterating that company is! Which i had some words of wisdom for you but I dont. Sorry about your situation and good luck!

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: 576
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
ERL55
Established Member

Update!!  Wow...I can hardly believe this.  Since my original post, I called Verizon Wireless Recovery Dept. numerous times.  Every time, the "customer service" rep assured me that if I paid the account, the only thing they could do would be to show the account as "paid" on the CR, that they could not delete it.  I did not give up.  I must have called them 20 times, most times getting a different person, but sometimes speaking to someone that I had already spoken to.  I told them that I had a debit card in my hand and that I would be happy to pay, but that they had to delete the account because I believe that this was their error.  They all said that they could not do that.  Finally after calling them about 25 times, I got someone who said, ok, if you pay right now, we will delete, because it does appear that Verizon Wireless did not do what they promised when we merged the two accounts.  I paid, they DELETED.  So the moral to the story is DON'T GIVE UP!!

Starting Score: EQ 519 TU 453
Current Score: EQ 661 TU ?
Goal Score: EQ 700 TU 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.