cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon collection help (again).

tag
CGriswald309B

Verizon collection help (again).

First and foremost, many, many thanks in advance!

So my situtation is very similar to someone who posted about his mother moving out of the country and forgeting a bill.

I did the same thing. I left the US thinking I had cancelled my bill but I hadn't. My mail was forwarded to my friend but according to her nothing from Verizpn ever arrived. Verizon never emailed me.

So, about 2 days ago my friend sent me an email with an attachement showing the letter from a collection agency.

I looked up my fico score and see that is now below 700 (don't think that has ever been the case). This is the first "ding" on my account in its 12 year history.

The only thing that is showing up on my fico report is from Verizon. There is nothing from the collection agency. As a matter of fact, the collection agency swore up and down that they themselves never report to the credit agencies.

I'm curious as to what I should do know? PFD letter to Verizon?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Verizon collection help (again).

A PFD to them would be in your best interest.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 15
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Reach out to exec. relations

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 3 of 15
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

yes, offer full payment (not settlement) in exchange for deletion from CRs.

Message 4 of 15
CGriswald309B

Thanks for the quick repsonses guys (and gals).

Should I just send a letter via planet feedback?

Make a phone call?

Again, many thanks in advance!

Message 5 of 15
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I would reach out to them personally.  Forget Planet Feedback.  That's just my opinion, but I have had great success by calling and speaking to someone in person.

Message 6 of 15
CGriswald309B

Just got off the phone.

The Verizon rep said there was 100% no way she could delete it from my credit report.

I guess a letter?

Should I pay it off now?

Message 7 of 15
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

@CGriswald309B wrote:

Just got off the phone.

The Verizon rep said there was 100% no way she could delete it from my credit report.

I guess a letter?

Should I pay it off now?

CGriswald309B,

'SHE' may be telling you the truth - 'she' cannot have it removed, but it can and has been done many times.  I'd go with the others here and send that letter to someone who 'can' have it removed.

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 8 of 15
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Dont hold your breath.  They are horrible with GW deletions.  Im on my 6th round with them (see my numerous posts on the subject).  I will never do business with Verizon again and I'll actively discourage anyone else from their business.  I will cost them a hell of alot more than the $109 paid CO they refuse to remove.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 15
CGriswald309B

I have a FB friend (someone I went to high school with) who is the Associate Director of Business Sales.

Maybe I should reach out to him? Haha.

Anywho, thanks for all the repsonses. At this point I will probably just pay and be done with it.

I wonder if my score will go back over 700 anytime soon....

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.